CROSSBOW BACKPACK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Trentco1

CROSSBOW BACKPACK

Post by Trentco1 »

I've been peddling the idea of buying a backpack to carry my crossbow and hunting stuff in an out of hunting blind for sometime now, have always used a side bag that has A shoulder strap, at times I find it not to be the most convenien regardless I would throw the bow over my shoulder and away I go
So that being said, I was looking online today I found a new Excalibur crossbow back-pack at Wholesale sports.com they had them on clearance for $84.97
With Father's Day coming up this weekend and having three boys I thought to myself I do deserve a gift so I pulled the trigger....

Soo my question to you folks on this site, have or had you ever owned a Excalibur crossbow backpack? Is it convenient to have your bow dangling off the back of it and yet relatively easy to get your bow off? Do you need to drop whole back-pack to get ur bow off the back of it. Also Is there plenty of Storage.....
Your thoughts please
Trent
Last edited by Trentco1 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Re: CROSSBOW BACKPACK 0 REVIEWS | W

Post by amythntr »

......DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!....the bow moves and is really not fully secured....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Re: CROSSBOW BACKPACK 0 REVIEWS | W

Post by amythntr »

dup
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
LongCarbine

Re: CROSSBOW BACKPACK

Post by LongCarbine »

I have one and I like it . I use it in the mountains in Wyoming. It's not very big . but I can carry my spotting scope , game cleaning kit extra hat and gloves a few bottles of water and some snacks . If I need an extra jacket I need to roll it up and tie it on. I find if the pack is loaded the bow stays put pretty well . You can carry your bow cocked ( I don't do it) or uncocked. To get to it you just reach behind your head and release the clip grab it by the stirup and you have it. When I get back to the truck I just take the pack off leaving the bow on it . It leaves both hands free to glass or as I'm getting older to use walking sticks with out having the bow slide off my shoulder. I do have a top mounting quiver so if you don't you have to strap it on . Like I said it's a little small but if you need to you can strap things to the outside .
Hope this helps
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

LongCarbine wrote:I have one and I like it . I use it in the mountains in Wyoming. It's not very big . but I can carry my spotting scope , game cleaning kit extra hat and gloves a few bottles of water and some snacks . If I need an extra jacket I need to roll it up and tie it on. I find if the pack is loaded the bow stays put pretty well . You can carry your bow cocked ( I don't do it) or uncocked. To get to it you just reach behind your head and release the clip grab it by the stirup and you have it. When I get back to the truck I just take the pack off leaving the bow on it . It leaves both hands free to glass or as I'm getting older to use walking sticks with out having the bow slide off my shoulder. I do have a top mounting quiver so if you don't you have to strap it on . Like I said it's a little small but if you need to you can strap things to the outside .
Hope this helps
Jim
Everyone's input is much appreciated
Thanks Jim & Anthony
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
roly

Post by roly »

I have one and don't care for it
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I had one.

Great idea but our Ontario laws state the bow must be fully encased in and out of the stand after legal light. So it became useless for me to use it for its intended purpose. If it wasn't for this stupid law I would still have it.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I have the one that was sold by a different company....the name escapes me....I bought three....two for my boys and one for me....I used mine once....the bow bounces all over the place...even when secure....the limbs bang into and get caught on tree limbs....hence useless for me....I really wanted to like and use this....

Anthony :)

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings