Only Took 1 1/2 Years

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GMVT

Only Took 1 1/2 Years

Post by GMVT »

It was a year and a half ago I signed up here to ask a couple questions on Excal models. Vermont had just changed the crossbow law so us old farts with wiped out shoulders can use a crossbow, so I was going to get back into what I always loved...archery deer hunting. And then came the house renovation that put everything on hold. So last week I go to Cabela's and see the bow I had decided on 1 1/2 years ago was discounted (model being discontinued?), ordered it and my new Matrix 330 came in today. I'm like a kid at Christmas, cant wait for the October opener to get here. It's been a long time since I looked at a deer over a bow string, I have lots of catching up to do.
"Deer Are Where You Find Them"
xcaliber

Re: Only Took 1 1/2 Years

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck, and enjoy!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think you'll enjoy yourself!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GMVT wrote:It was a year and a half ago I signed up here to ask a couple questions on Excal models. Vermont had just changed the crossbow law so us old farts with wiped out shoulders can use a crossbow, so I was going to get back into what I always loved...archery deer hunting. And then came the house renovation that put everything on hold. So last week I go to Cabela's and see the bow I had decided on 1 1/2 years ago was discounted (model being discontinued?), ordered it and my new Matrix 330 came in today. I'm like a kid at Christmas, cant wait for the October opener to get here. It's been a long time since I looked at a deer over a bow string, I have lots of catching up to do.

....GMVT....good for you!....glad to have you aboard....please don't be a stranger....we had pulled a chair up for you at the Excalibur Lodge and you never showed up! :? :lol: :lol: ...I am sure you will have some questions along the way....a lot of great knowledgeable members....everyone is here to help!
.....and no query is a stupid one!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to you on the Matrix. Now hrs n days of enjoyable shootin are ahead welcome to the Forum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Congrats on what I consider to be one of the better models. :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

I think the sweet spot for EXCAL is the MATRIX 355...But I love the MATRIX 330, IF I were to get another xbow it would be the Matrix 330. You made an excellent choice for years to come.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations on your purchase!
wabi
GMVT

Post by GMVT »

FORVOLS wrote:I think the sweet spot for EXCAL is the MATRIX 355...But I love the MATRIX 330, IF I were to get another xbow it would be the Matrix 330. You made an excellent choice for years to come.
You said the 3 magic words..."years to come", that's what I'm hoping for with my decision to go Excal. I handed down my Hoyt compound to my son when I had to hang it up. Loved that bow dearly, and shot a lot of deer with it. My son took it in to the shop to have a new string put on it last week, the owner stared at it for a few minutes and finally relented. He said he normally tries to talk people into buying new bows, but in this case he said he could never sell him one as good as that 25 year old Hoyt. I just love simple and utilitarian.
"Deer Are Where You Find Them"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The 330 is a bulletproof bow great choice.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a great bow choice. Which Hoyt were you shooting?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.