Hard Case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jcotrel1

Hard Case

Post by Jcotrel1 »

I just got my first crossbow...Excalibur Grizz2. I had to make the jump from compound bows due to a vision issue I recently developed. Love the bow so far. I do out of state hunting trips 2-3 times a year so I'm looking for a durable hard case for airline travel. I'm looking at the Plano Manta. That seems to be the best one I can find that the bow will fit it.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Plano or any other hard cases?

Thanks!
Jim
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters
LongCarbine

Re: Hard Case

Post by LongCarbine »

You can also use a good firearm hard case . Just take the riser off and strap everything in . Mine shoots to the same poi every time .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

LongCarbine wrote:You can also use a good firearm hard case . Just take the riser off and strap everything in . Mine shoots to the same poi every time .
X2. That's how I case ours when traveling. Around here locally, a soft case works well.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Jcotrel1 wrote:I just got my first crossbow...Excalibur Grizz2. I had to make the jump from compound bows due to a vision issue I recently developed. Love the bow so far. I do out of state hunting trips 2-3 times a year so I'm looking for a durable hard case for airline travel. I'm looking at the Plano Manta. That seems to be the best one I can find that the bow will fit it.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Plano or any other hard cases?

Thanks!
Jim

Hey Jim....welcome aboard the Excalibur Express....nice to have you aboard and part of the family....why not complete your registration indicating where you call home....it helps everyone in helping you should any queries arrive....

...there are other hard cases which you might also consider (not sure if the Griz2 fits or if it suits your traveling needs); Plano Spire and the Flambeau Hard CB case....

... if I were traveling I also, would look at a good rifle case for this purpose....

...Enjoy your new bow....we're out back at the lodge splitting some wood in getting ready for a cool fall and some mighty fine hunting!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

flightattendant100 wrote:
LongCarbine wrote:You can also use a good firearm hard case . Just take the riser off and strap everything in . Mine shoots to the same poi every time .
X2. That's how I case ours when traveling. Around here locally, a soft case works well.
X3
I have the plano weather proof tactical case and it works great.
I plucked the foam out for the stock/main frame, and put the riser and limb assembly (minus the stirrup) on top and good to go. The stirrup sits in one of the corners. I also plucked foam from a couple spots for the cocking aid and stringing aid, and insert the 2 allen wrench's needed between a couple pluck foams. I do place a small hand towel over the main frame before laying the limb/riser assembly on top.

I can email you pictures if you like.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Jcotrel1

Post by Jcotrel1 »

BrotherRon, sure send me a pic if it's not too much trouble. That would be great. I am leaning towards an xbow case though.
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I sent you a few pictures from my gmail account ;)
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I had that case, and it's a great, strong case, but it's BIG, to big for my car, but if you are throwing it in the back of a pick up, it's perfect.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I use the plano spire for the micro and the Plano Bow Max for my Matrix 310.
The Plano spire is to small for a Matrix Bow, for the Micro is it perfect.
The Plano Bow Max could be a little bit higher, my scope touch or hit (?) the top of the case if it's closed.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

My Plano Tactical case is roughly 38" x 15"
Jcotrel1

Post by Jcotrel1 »

I went with the Plano Manta. I'm not crazy about the idea of having to break down the bow. When I hunt in-state, I can always just throw the bow in the truck without the case if I have to. Thanks for all of the opinions!
Matrix Grizz2
18" Diablo
150gr Bolt Cutters