Hello Everyone on the Updated Forum site!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Hello Everyone on the Updated Forum site!

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 pm
Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:18 pm
Peter, I have now noticed a registration page on the new website where you are required to enter the serial number of your crossbow....is this something new and will the warranty be changing....what is the need for this if there is a lifetime warranty on the crossbow?

Anthony :)
Hi Anthony,

Good eye, yes we are starting to put serial numbers on our new crossbow models however it has just started so not many out there yet. There are various reasons why we are doing this, one is to maintain a data base so if there are any production issues we can notify customers. Also, it gives the owner a number to reference their crossbow by if its stolen or lost. Plus, it does help us with warranty determining the original owner. Nothing is changing with our lifetime warranty, we will just be able to track things better.
....Peter, forgive me....I have heard these kinds of statements before...."we don't want to take your guns away...we just want to be able to track them better...yada, yada, yada!".....I hope you don't know more than you are sharing with us....we have all grown to love our Excaliburs for the many different reasons people have stated....IMHO if you change your warranty in anyway shape or form...I just do not see it boding well....again JMHO!

As much as I appreciate Excals "no questions asked" warranty... It is only inevitable that it gets tightened up. All of my vendors have been doing it for the last few years. Otherwise you get bled dry by each owner of a used bow . Times are tough, and everyone on each side of the desk needs to look out for themselves.

I just had to warranty a product made of cardboard that got destroyed when they left it out in the rain over the weekend. $36 at my cost out of my pocket this morning already.

And if you think it's going to get better haha, no it's going to opposite as we as society are tought not to think.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Old look was a lot nicer to view on your iPhone than now. This new update doesn't seem any better...
Last edited by SummitSitter on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I hate change :shock:
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

No link back to the home page Peter :(
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
wabi

Post by wabi »

CT.HNTR wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 pm
I hate change :shock:
I'm having problems with it, too. I tried to hit "reply" without being logged in first and got directed to an "error" page.
wabi
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....owned a grill for 7 years...bought at Costco....rusted away when we tried to change burners.....Costco took it back and refunded entire cost...no questions asked....Costco stock is through the roof....must be doing something right....I will always buy there JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR NO HASSLE WARRANTY....

.....again I do not believe this decision will bode well for the Excalibur Brand in the long term!

PS: beginning today I get to tell anyone who is interested in a new Excalibur that their bow will have a serial number on it that will require registration with Excalibur...sad day :cry: in Excaliburville!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

So if I bought that grill off you Anthony in your yard sale, I should be entitled to the same warranty you capitalized on? No, that doesn't make sense. That's all the serial number would do.
Doesn't change a thing if you buy new.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Well this updated forum is definitely a step in some direction.... Not loving it on IPhone. :?
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

....Peter, forgive me....I have heard these kinds of statements before...."we don't want to take your guns away...we just want to be able to track them better...yada, yada, yada!".....I hope you don't know more than you are sharing with us....we have all grown to love our Excaliburs for the many different reasons people have stated....IMHO if you change your warranty in anyway shape or form...I just do not see it boding well....again JMHO!

I think you're reading too much into this Anthony! :D The only reason we never put serial numbers on our crossbows before was because certain provinces in Canada were going to require anything with a serial number on it to be registered. Bill was totally against that idea and said he just won't put serial number on any of our crossbows, it was nothing to do with warranty. Serial numbers can be helpful, I have had many a call where a person had their crossbow stolen and there was no way to identify it. We can also keep track of who has what so we can advise of issues. I don't see anything negative of how this will change our warranty? What other bow manufacturer does not use serial numbers?
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

...owned a grill for 7 years...bought at Costco....rusted away when we tried to change burners.....Costco took it back and refunded entire cost...no questions asked....Costco stock is through the roof....must be doing something right....I will always buy there JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR NO HASSLE WARRANTY....

.....again I do not believe this decision will bode well for the Excalibur Brand in the long term!

Did that grill have a serial number Anthony? :lol:
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Well this updated forum is definitely a step in some direction.... Not loving it on IPhone. :?

Ummm, what iphone version do you have? Seems to work perfectly on my iphone 7...
Boo

Post by Boo »

Works well on my S7.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Ummm, what iphone version do you have? Seems to work perfectly on my iphone 7...
It is a 6S, keeps kicking me off and saying internal error. I'm not ruling out big fingers or operator error yet.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:57 pm
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm

It is a 6S, keeps kicking me off and saying internal error. I'm not ruling out big fingers or operator error yet.
It is doing that to me sometimes with my home computer too (windows 10)
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:03 am
....as people notice new things lets share it with others...so far i see everything as status quo :wink:

how does a person with not so great vision read this new version without a magnifying glass?
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife