new line of crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

new line of crossbows

Post by xbowrook »

i have my boy graduating to a full hunter next season so i have been slowly and quietly searching for which Excalibur I will get for myself for next year.. Cabela's had a massive clearance on some Excaliburs but being in Canada, I can't get them delivered here.. I could go pick one up but don't have a passport to get across the border.. so I looked around on here and saw their new line coming out and made my mind up on the Matrix Bulldog 330... but I am not sure when they will be available in stores?? does anyone know when they will be on the shelves?? thanks..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
xcaliber

Re: new line of crossbows

Post by xcaliber »

I just bought myself a new Micro 355, and cannot wait to get her setup. Look for dealers up there, and go that route. You'll probably get a better deal. Hopefully someone from Canada chimes in soon for you!

Good Luck!
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Here you go. The have all the new bows in Stock.. :)

https://www.archersnook.com/component/store/archery
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:21 pm
Here you go. The have all the new bows in Stock.. :)

https://www.archersnook.com/component/store/archery
Awesome, thank you... and they have it cheaper than posted on the Excalibur website.... sweet
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have 4 Excalibur xbows: 2 bought new (M380 & M405) and 2 bought used (M405 & BD400). I got a lot more for the money with the 2 used xbows.
As has been previously mentioned and is just intuitive, recurve xbows can only come in so many versions. The bullpup/Bulldog stock redesign is a step forward in size efficiency. The riser redesign gives a gentler feel and likely greater reliability.
The "latest and the greatest" in the land of recurves usually, imo, is marginal improvement at best, to me.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 what sew said marginal at best
Normous

Post by Normous »

Instead of crossing the border I may suggest the buying local as already suggested and, if your in Windsor check out Carl's Archery, a basement dealer, for your Excalibur line up, tell him Norm sent you.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

SEW wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:31 am
I have 4 Excalibur xbows: 2 bought new (M380 & M405) and 2 bought used (M405 & BD400). I got a lot more for the money with the 2 used xbows.
As has been previously mentioned and is just intuitive, recurve xbows can only come in so many versions. The bullpup/Bulldog stock redesign is a step forward in size efficiency. The riser redesign gives a gentler feel and likely greater reliability.
The "latest and the greatest" in the land of recurves usually, imo, is marginal improvement at best, to me.
i agree, and i wouldn't mind a used 380 , 355 or even 400 but first off, nobody in my area is selling theirs... the few i saw last year, even for used, they were asking $800 or more, when I could get a brand new matrix 330 bulldog for a little less ( Archers Nook in London has them for $749)... i don't necessarily want it as an upgrade, it's for me only because the only crossbow i got is an axiom ( bought new 2 years ago) and i promised my son when he graduated from an apprentice hunter to a fully graduated hunter that it would be his... so i have to get something... i don't need a top of the line absolutely speed demon... i read a lot of reviews and love the idea of the bulldog 330... so although this new line compared to last years mid to top line crossbows seem like a marginal improvement.. comparing any of them to the axiom ( in terms of size, weight, silencing system and speed) it is a significant upgrade... i have to talk to my local guy tomorrow and find out if he has them, or if not, when he expects to get them in... my biggest problem right now is trying to calm myself down... i am looking so forward to getting one of these crossbows..
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Normous wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am
Instead of crossing the border I may suggest the buying local as already suggested and, if your in Windsor check out Carl's Archery, a basement dealer, for your Excalibur line up, tell him Norm sent you.
thanks... i will try to call him tomorrow sometime and see what he has... thanks..