Replacing REDS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

Re: Replacing REDS

Post by colouredchameleon »

Here in Kingston over the next week it will drop to as low as Minus- 29 deg C.
I suspect if you see similar temps you may be able to place the crossbow outside foe enough time that the cold may may cause just enough metal contraction to allow it to free up.
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Going to try again this week. These things don't budge at all
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Set screws are removed, correct? Maybe put some penetrating oil in the holes and let it work for a few days.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:48 am
Set screws are removed, correct? Maybe put some penetrating oil in the holes and let it work for a few days.
Yes of course. I'll try the oil suggestion
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Pad vice grip jaws w leather, grip stud where rubber was, tap on vice grips w hammer. Maybe a slight twist w vice grips. This will let you get them out and shouldn't harm anything.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

If nothing else works and your season is over ? Perhaps send the riser only to Danny Miller, or if living North of the Border ? back to customer service at Excal and they may be able to get them out with no damage to your riser.

All it would take is a phone call to Dawn or Danny to see if that could be a option for you.
Just a thought. :idea:

However, If it was me, having used DR bumpers with the Excal posts on one of my Micro 355's, ( that's the way they are designed to be used) I would definately forget about removing them and go that route.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 am
Pad vice grip jaws w leather, grip stud where rubber was, tap on vice grips w hammer. Maybe a slight twist w vice grips. This will let you get them out and shouldn't harm anything.
Exactly what I did after spraying PB Blaster in the set screw holes and letting it sit for several hours. FINALLY came out. Thanks all for the help and suggestions!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xpert1111 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 pm
flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 am
Exactly what I did after spraying PB Blaster in the set screw holes and letting it sit for several hours. FINALLY came out. Thanks all for the help and suggestions!
:D :D :D Some times you tap it.....Some times you TAP it!! Glad you got it. Its one of those "it feels good since its quit hurtin' "deals.