when do we find out who the winner is

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

when do we find out who the winner is

Post by hunter with MS »

Just wondering when are they going to draw the winner of the assassin or did they do it already ?
bigbowman

Re: when do we find out who the winner is

Post by bigbowman »

If I win that monstrosity, it will go up for a quick trade or a cheap sale immediately! I don't like anything about this new bow!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

:idea:
Pick me , Pick Me
:D

:idea:

I Promise To

Truly tested its durability and performance by pushing it to the absolute max in real world hunting situations for many many years to come So help me God
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

It would be ironic if the winner was one that was trashing the bow In one of the "Assassin" threads! :roll:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I wish it was me!! Lol

Turkeys will be in trouble... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

bigbowman wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 am
If I win that monstrosity, it will go up for a quick trade or a cheap sale immediately! I don't like anything about this new bow!
When you handled and shot the bow what is it that you didn't like about it? Excalibur likes to hear feedback from those that have actually tried the new models to keep improving...

The only thing I suggested was to somehow cut down on the weight.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 am
It would be ironic if the winner was one that was trashing the bow In one of the "Assassin" threads! :roll:

And then posts on here how much they like it. :roll: :lol:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
colouredchameleon

Bcxbow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am
Boo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:24 am

And then posts on here how much they like it. :roll: :lol:
That is what I would consider a great endorsement .

A Convert in the truest sense of the word "a person who has been persuaded to change their beliefs". :!:

Good Luck to Everyone
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I don't like that moving trigger box. Seems they are trying to compete with Ravin on this aspect of their new bow? That's why most gravitate towards recurves because of the only moving part should be the string! Not everyone wants or needs a built in crank, it should be an option. The stock looks awful boxy and awkward? The stock & cheek piece are also other moving parts. This new Excalibur Assassin has a Bowtech footprint all over it! I don't believe I trashed any bows in any other threads that I can recall? I stated my opinions about what I don't like about this bow, but I would hardly think it was trashing! I'm just trying to figure out why Excalibur forgot about their own motto of no moving parts???
colouredchameleon

To answer your question which seems to have got lost along the way.

"Excalibur Crossbow “Cams And Cables Are Dead” Sweepstakes"
"Official Rules"

One (1) potential Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted at Bowtech Inc., 90554 OR-99, Eugene, OR 97402
at approximately 12:00 pm Pacific Time by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) on or about February 5th, 2018
following the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion.

So everyone that enters is still a winner until then in their dreams atleast. :lol: :idea:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I can only hope. I would glady take ownership of that sweet little bow. There is alot to like about it!!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi All,

I have been reading through this thread and just had to respond.
This new Excalibur Assassin has a Bowtech footprint all over it! I don't believe I trashed any bows in any other threads that I can recall? I stated my opinions about what I don't like about this bow, but I would hardly think it was trashing! I'm just trying to figure out why Excalibur forgot about their own motto of no moving parts???
Wrong, the Assassin was designed by Excalibur staff in Kitchener. During the initial concept of this crossbow I was not a fan being an old Excalibur employee and appeared to go against our 35 year long mission to "keep it simple". However, I have shot the Assassin probably 400+ times and it's an incredible crossbow. I'm a not a big crank guy either and always thought a rope cocker is faster and quieter than a crank. But our engineers did an amazing job and it is one of the most quite and easy to use crank setups out there. But the big feature is the trigger, it has a great feel and breaks clean, its something you need to try to fully appreciate.

I do understand some peoples concern about the crossbow being more complicated but I can tell you through extensive testing the crossbow is almost bullet proof. We have thousands of hours testing all aspects of this new crossbow. It may not be for everybody but I'm very excited about the Assassin as it allows anybody to cock and shoot an Excalibur crossbow!

Peter
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Is it too late to enter? How/where??
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’m sorry but a moving trigger part can not be “ bulletproof”! In your opinion or on paper yes, but only real customer use and field use will be the determining factors to that! If it moves, parts can and will either wear out or possibility of failure at some point. It’s definitely a niche bow, you are absolutely right that it’s not for everybody! But just because I explained the parts that I don’t care for is hardly to be considered trashing a brand or bow! Does it come without a crank or is it only a package deal, take it all or none?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

:idea: Win one would be the only way I could get away from my old long limb bows. :(