Matrix questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Matrix questions

Post by XB I GO »

I see some with black rails, some with grey and some Camo. Is there a difference? A couple are described as pre-Bowtech. Is that a big deal? Most I’ve been reading about are 380’s but these differences might apply to other Matrix models. Oh yeah there’s a white one too.
janesy

Re: Matrix questions

Post by janesy »

380 seems to be the with the most options. But they are all technically the same.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The full camo rails are normally reserved for the flag ship bows and fetch higher prices and are my first choice I like the look of the full camo bows,
The black bows are aimed at the blind hunters to blend with the dark interiors of their shacks and tents, the white snow camo is just that for northern areas hunting in snow.
I feel the brown camo is the best all around choice for varied hunting conditions.
I personally do not care for the look of bows with Black rails.
Some of the bows have the plastic rails like the Grizzly a cost saving that is passed down to the buyer, they are very functional, reliable rails but not to my taste.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The 380 Matrix all have Camo rails in a few varieties. The Mad Max, and standard 380 are dark camo patterns, and the white one is the Lynx which is a snow camo, probably won't work well in Texas. I too like a camo rail although never owned one. All of the other Matrix models have a gray colored rail which doesn't seem to affect game hunting at all. If you want a 380, get one soon!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

gerald strine wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 am
The full camo rails are normally reserved for the flag ship bows and fetch higher prices and are my first choice I like the look of the full camo bows,
My 350 has a sweet camo :)
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Arrowflinger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 pm
gerald strine wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 am
My 350 has a sweet camo :)
I also have a 350se and yes it does have a sweet full camo rail ,the 350 bows ware made from discontinued Excal 405 bows when they had issues with the riser angel putting to much pressure on front edge and limbs were cooked at incorrect temp,these issues were addressed.
The 350 was made just to use up discontinued 405 parts the rails were cut to 350 fps speed length and the 350 was born and once the parts were used up their were no more 350es to be had.
I am very happy with mine replaced my Equinox with it. It shoots the same speed but the shorter rail made it easier for me to cock as I am short the draw length on the Equinox had my hands up to my armpits before it was cocked .
The matrix limbs are stouter but allow higher speeds with a shorter power stroke which solved my rope cocking issue of running out of leverage.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.