O/T Personal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

O/T Personal

Post by vixenmaster »

I feel the need to share the reason i am way behind on my string makin. As most of you knowed my Mrs. had that stroke the end of last Jan. Through the months that have followed i have had to increase my helping her in her daily life. Some days i feel i am jus a step n fetch it, n other days she can hold her own. Mentally she is still good but has slipped, body wise she is going down. With all the chores n takin care of her it cut into my free time to make strings. So instead of 2 weeks to 3 getting them done n mailed its now 5 n 6 weeks durin this long Winter here. So she has wanted to travel n see some of the Beauty in this Country we live in. So there will be times i have loaded her n the furbabys up in our old pop-up n set out to see the World she has not got to see. I will still make strings but at a slower pace if'en you can bare wid me along. May God Bless all of you in understanding my life as it unfolds ahead of us. Thank you
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LongCarbine

Re: O/T Personal

Post by LongCarbine »

Mike
I have always looked forward to your post .You are truly one of the good guys. I hope your wife regains her strength . You and her will be in our prayers
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mike, hope things improve for your Wife, and you. I know how hard this is, and pray for you both to get through this trial in life.

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I met your Mrs briefly at awshuks place years back. I am sendng prayers for both of you and wish her situation improves.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Best wishes and safe travels Mike. You are both in our prayers. :eusa-pray:

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have not bought any strings from you but I think can relate . I do skull taxidermy and years ago my wife's and my time was taken over with caring for my Mother in law as she had Brain cancer so things got slowed down after she passed things got back on track . Fast forward one and two years ago besides my MS I had a form of skin cancer like small cell lung surgery and radiation set me behind . last year doing some skinning on skulls ended up with Lyme Disease and Erlihiosis which I am still not rid of a year later and my MS is now active and now my sister in law is also taking time as her medical issues have gotten worse . I have people that don't understand they want it done now some have came and got the heads most are understanding . So I hope most if not all your customers understand . Hope things get turned around for you. Things happen that we can't control
Last edited by hunter with MS on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Best wishes for you and your wife ,hope the trips you have planned lifts your spirits . good luck to you . :thumbup:
W.M.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Mike, take care of Fredna. All else is just stuff. Thoughts and prayers for you both. Take care my friend.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Mike so sorry to hear of the Mrs. , please take the time you need while you can
everything else will take care of itself in do time . you and the mrs. are in my prayers .

God Bless my friend
Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Mike
You are doing the correct thing buy your wife spend your time doing some quality things that she desires you will not regret it.
I feel the forum members who order strings will understand your situation and if they do not your life partner still comes first.
I will pray for you and yours for comfort , healing , strength, compassion and guidance.
Jerry
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Mike as I have found out . Things come and go . But family and friends are still number one .
Take care of the wife . All else in life can wait . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Best of wishes to you and your missus.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Mike - One Old Hunter to another: You are doing the right thing!
And you know how much she appreciates that!

I would not fret about the strings, although gentlemanly of you to do so.
All will understand.

In our thoughts, hearts & prayers...

Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Dont sweat it mike. Priorities first. I had to deal with the death of my mom 10 years ago but she was also my buisness partner l was stuck with both losses. ...lt will all work out some way just do it day by day . Family first.lbj.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Mike,
My thoughts and well wishes are with both of you... In my case, I have several of your strings on hand so there's no need to hurry as I have those new ones, as well as a few which I have "shot in" and have ready to go as back up strings. :thumbup:

Gene :D
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier