Any Assassin owners experience this with the crank handle?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tangle Eye

Any Assassin owners experience this with the crank handle?

Post by Tangle Eye »

I was shooting Sunday afternoon when the crank handle fell out of its stow bracket on the side of the bow when I shot an arrow. Upon investigating I discovered I could just easily pull it right out of its holder without depressing the release. This is out of the stow bracket - its rock solid in the actual crank. So, I tried it again and when I shot, it fell out again. What it looks like is the Allen bolt that holds the stow bracket onto the bow interferes with the little catch on the bottom of the handle getting deep enough into the hole for a secure latch-up.

I contacted Dawn at support. Her and Mike took a look at the pics I sent and are sending me a new handle, stow bracket, and screw. These guys are great at support. I’ll be interested to see if the design of the bracket or screw has changed since I bought the bow.

Its not that big a deal of course. I doubt I’ll hunt with the handle attached to the bow as it can potentially get in the way, make noise, or get hung on something. It’ll probably be in my pack. But - I do want to know if I put it in the bracket it’ll stay there.

I just wondered if any other Assassin owners had noticed this.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
mchurch

Re: Any Assassin owners experience this with the crank handle?

Post by mchurch »

Mine hasn't done that so far. When are you hunting?. I will be taking my son turkey hunting with the assassin later this month.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The Assassin is a great bow! I was tempted to buy one but decided to buy the new crank and use it on my current micro instead...lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

mchurch wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:28 am
Mine hasn't done that so far. When are you hunting?. I will be taking my son turkey hunting with the assassin later this month.
Gonna use the shotgun for turkey season this year till I get one and then switch to the Assassin. But deer will be exclusively with the Assassin.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I hope this gets straightened out.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead