Charger crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Charger crank

Post by Carnivorous »

Is anyone else waiting for this new crank? My little Micro beast is brutal on my body and I need some relief... lol

I have switched over to my easy drawing Scorpyd but have not abandoned my recurve roots.. ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
yukonjack

Re: Charger crank

Post by yukonjack »

I am also looking forward to getting the Charger crank.All i can see it doing is making shooting more enjoyable. :thumbup:
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I understand they will be out sometime in May.
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

I have one on order from Wyvern to use with my Micro 335 and any other bows I buy down the road.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Diamond4

Post by Diamond4 »

I order mine also, for my micro suppressor 355, will be here in May :eusa-popcorn:
Micro Suppressor 355
Black Eagle Executioner Arrows 110 grain inserts
Scope Hawke XB1 1.5-5×32 SR
100gr slick tricks
Spitfire XXX For Crossbow 100gr
MunchMount quiver mount
Charger Crank EXT
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

well the pro shop here wanted me to buy a raven so much that they ran Excalibur down one to many times. so what i did was
back order the charger crank from wyvern creation for my bd 400. looking forward to the charger so much i sold the c2 :thumbup:
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think I’m fairly high on Wyvern’s list. I’ve been on it for a year. It will also go on my BD400.
Diamond4

Post by Diamond4 »

Just received my Charger EXT Crank today, and this is awesome, cocks like butter great product...
Micro Suppressor 355
100gr slick tricks
MunchMount quiver mount
Charger Crank EXT
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

pictures please :eusa-popcorn:
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

Diamond4 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 pm
Just received my Charger EXT Crank today, and this is awesome, cocks like butter great product...
Yahoo! Maybe mine isn’t far behind. :eusa-clap:
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Diamond4

Post by Diamond4 »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm
pictures please :eusa-popcorn:
Micro Suppressor 355
100gr slick tricks
MunchMount quiver mount
Charger Crank EXT
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’ve been using my Charger crank for a week now. I ordered mine over a year ago from a Wyvern and was #1 on his list.
I have mixed feelings on the crank, but for the vast majority it is preferable over the C2.
I test arrows on my range with often 100-200 shots at a setting out of my BD400 and M380.

With the C2, I can leave it on and still shoot, but not with the Charger. So, on and off for each Charger shot while the C2 can stay on. However, this is only an advantage for range shooting.

The Charger is much more sophisticated than the simple C2. The gear reduction and quiet cocking are significant advantages over the C2. My heavy hitters (M380-M405s) require much strength to rotate than the C2. I’m sure this is important to many people.

I think the C2 would be much more user friendly with a simple snap in pin like the Charger has. I’ve advocated this for years verses the laborious screw in bolt.

The Charger is heavy. It easily and quickly snaps on and off.

For extended range shooting, and if one is comfortable shooting with the C2, and if the strength to rotate the handle isn’t a problem, the C2 is preferable.

For all other cases, the Charger is vastly superior. IMO
SEW

Post by SEW »

One other major factor...

The Charger mount consists of two little non-obtrusive brackets that mount on the stock. With multiple brackets (surely available separately ) , one Charger would work with multiple xbows.
When hunting, the Charger comes off and into your pack or whatever.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:21 am
One other major factor...

The Charger mount consists of two little non-obtrusive brackets that mount on the stock. With multiple brackets (surely available separately ) , one Charger would work with multiple xbows.
When hunting, the Charger comes off and into your pack or whatever.
....thanks Steve....I love all of your input and analysis...I think for me....the charger is the way to go as I have had some bad experiences with the C2....all "pilot" error for sure but those scary experiences have stayed with me. I can't wait to finally get to the range and look forward to some "enjoyable" shooting and not cursing each time I have to either put the C2 on or cock the bow the traditional way....although the DrStirrup setup has helped that somewhat!

Anthony :D

PS....I long to purchase some property in Pensytucky and have more opportunity on my own propery....only 2364 days till full retirement....but who's counting :lol: :eusa-dance: :lol: :eusa-dance:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

Anthony,
Tomorrow is my 71st birthday. I retired on Jan 15, 2018 after 4 years of college, 2 years of chemist/part time Volvo mechanic, 10 years of USAF (college at night 3 1/2 years ), 4years of Dental college/flying in the guard/giving flight instruction, 35years of dentisting and flight instructing. I was tired!!!
Retirement is great! 6 Saturdays a week, and took less than a minute to adapt. No regrets!
Do nothing to delay or postpone retirement.

A few words of “wisdom”. I am a physical fitness advocate and don’t want to get physically old. With that in mind, I normally shot compound vbows in the 55-60# range and traditional bows in the 45-52# range. Having not destroyed my shoulder, I can still shoot vbows w/o any problem. Even 70-80# if I wanted. I don’t. Just shoot my 52# recurve that I wish were a 42#.

With xbows, what we “can” rope cock isn’t necessarily what we should “prudently” cock. IMO, maybe the max is a 200# Excal or a 150-160# compound (if there is a large energy area of the force/draw curve), but nothing above. Just for hunting only, a Dr Stirrup kit with rope for M350/355 might be ok. However, I think the Micros and M380+ puts a serious strain on the intervertebral sacs/discs which may eventually prove to be even more disastrous that injured shoulders.
I can repeatedly rope cock all of my Excaliburs (380,400,405s). I never do. I love my back.