String stretch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FORVOLS

String stretch

Post by FORVOLS »

Matrix 355..Costom string from a member on this site(NO I am not calling out the string maker). Very happy with the string also, but just pulled the 355 out of the case and JAN string was adjusted to brace height, today string is up against the factory silencers/bumpers. The same string has been on the bow for over a year, with qtrly adjustments. NO wear on the serving etc. Just wondering when/if the stretch will stop, or does everyone do these adjustments back to brace height as part of having a Excal.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
xcaliber

Re: String stretch

Post by xcaliber »

It's good to have to add a twist now & again. That helps tighten the serving up, and means your string has elasticity in the fibers. If you shoot a lot, you'll get more stretch out sooner.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm
It's good to have to add a twist now & again. That helps tighten the serving up, and means your string has elasticity in the fibers. If you shoot a lot, you'll get more stretch out sooner.
I don't mind doing it either..just read all the post "no string stretch at all".. got me to wondering was I doing something wrong.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Give a couple of twist and you be ok . it will settle in as soon as the wax from inside of the string seeps out . this happens to ALL strings . and don't worry it will stop stretching. :thumbup:
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think this is a great opportunity to hear from some of our actual string makers. :eusa-popcorn:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You will find that some strings will stop it's initial creep within 10 shots and then one or 2 adjustments per year, depending on ambient air temps and how much shooting is done. It's all about the amount of work put into the string.
BTW, stretch is temporary like an elastic band and what we are talking about here is creep. All string materials exhibit both creep and elasticity with only a couple materials exhibiting negligable creep and elasticity. Modern string materials that have nearly no creep or elasticity will be measurably slower in speeds.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Boo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:07 pm
You will find that some strings will stop it's initial creep within 10 shots and then one or 2 adjustments per year, depending on ambient air temps and how much shooting is done. It's all about the amount of work put into the string.
BTW, stretch is temporary like an elastic band and what we are talking about here is creep. All string materials exhibit both creep and elasticity with only a couple materials exhibiting negligable creep and elasticity. Modern string materials that have nearly no creep or elasticity will be measurably slower in speeds.
That's exactly what I was going to say. :problem: :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.