The new crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

venison

The new crank

Post by venison »

This new silent crank does this mount on matrix crossbow ?? ..I see it has a locking pin that goes in to the side of butt end ..Do you just drill the hole to have it fit the side of the stock??? I have all matrix series no micros maybe I should buy one butt I love the longer limbs more forgiving in my opinion
venison

Re: Battle axe broad heads

Post by venison »

I bought couple dozen of each the ones with the blade in the front shoot just like my field points but a 1inch low at 60 yds all my shots are at 60 yds they fly great long as you tune to your arrow set up ...I shot the bone crusher s they fly awesome just as good as my field points ..They flew straight and true out to 60 yds Shooting 1inch x1 peace of tape hitting it money so if anybody interested in them they really shot great .. no deployments shooting my 380 &350 se is what I shot with 425 gr blackeagle excutioner s. I ordered a pile of them for some of my friends Another great broad head happy hunting :wave:
hunter with MS

Re: The new crank

Post by hunter with MS »

Yes it will work on the matrix you need to drill 2 holes in the stock for the mounting plates / brackets they go on each side of the stock and the bolts go through the mounting brackets . You need to know where you need the crank mounted on the stock and place 1 side of the bracket against the stock and mark where both holes need to be and drill the holes .
venison

Post by venison »

Thanks for the info I’m going to see what other people say about this crank before I spend money on it
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have heard nothing but good things about it from a few people have them they are not out in large numbers yet . I don't think most dealers have them yet .
SEW

Post by SEW »

Unless you shoot at the range with the C2 left on between the shots, the Charger is quite the upgrade! Easy to turn! If there’s any disability, it’s well worth the upgrade.
venison

Post by venison »

It's sounds like it's better then the c2 crank which I like to use when flinging arrows down range..My back is tiered after shooting allot not to mention getting older and falling of a roof didn't help my back at all so I like using the crank allot more now specially sighting my girls in. It looks like plastic to me opposed to the C2 crank :think:
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I recently contacted Excaliber regarding the new charger crank and it's adaptability for a Matrix 355. Service stated it can be mounted and they are designing a template that will guide where to put the necessary holes for the Matrix series.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Shiny metal, very robust and solid. The price difference between the C-2 and the Charger is well worth the difference. If you noticed, Boo sold 2 C-2s on the Trading Post. Wonder why? Hint: it wasn’t because he preferred the C-2 over the Charger.

Template? I guess I’d use it if I had one but wouldn’t wait for one in order to get a Charger. Passively place the Charger on the Matrix stock, with a pencil, whatever, draw an outline for the brackets, take the brackets/Charger off, put the brackets back into the outline, mark where the holes should go, drill and mount.

If you have used both , back to back, I’ll bet 95%+ will choose the Charger.

Edit. I wrote, “Shiny metal”. With that or very heavy, solid feeling plastic/acrylic/whatever. I have a close friend, whom many of you know, who can not use a C-2 due to seriously diminished hand/arm usage. He and I traded: I sent him my Charger; and now, I have his spot on the waiting list for a Charger. I’d been #1 on Wyvern’s list for over a year. Got mine a few weeks ago. He only got 6 in. Don’t expect to see discounts any time soon. Nor on the Trading Post. Now that I’m back to doing 100-200 shots a day arrow testing, I’m missing the Charger even though I took it off every shot, unlike the C-2 that I can leave on.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

so the charger cranks easier than the c2 ? why cant you shoot with it on the bow? is it spring loaded. pictures
would be great.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 pm
so the charger cranks easier than the c2 ? why cant you shoot with it on the bow? is it spring loaded. pictures
would be great.
. . Yeah, I thought that was its feature ,to allow u to leave it on the bow. By the way ,why is it called a charger crank? :eusa-popcorn:
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
SEW

Post by SEW »

otisbrazwell wrote:
would be great.
The Charger has gear reduction, C-2 doesn’t. Some people apparently can shoot their xbow with the Charger left on. I can’t, it’s in my way. It is spring loaded. Postimage won’t let me log on. Even with new passwords.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Arrowflinger wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:34 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
would be great.
. . Yeah, I thought that was its feature ,to allow u to leave it on the bow. By the way ,why is it called a charger crank? :eusa-popcorn:
I thought it was too. It’s mounted integrally and low in the Assassin but on the top back of the stock on other xbows. I wish it mounted in the center back of the stock.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

SEW wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:03 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
would be great.
The Charger has gear reduction, C-2 doesn’t. Some people apparently can shoot their xbow with the Charger left on. I can’t, it’s in my way. It is spring loaded. Postimage won’t let me log on. Even with new passwords.
Steve
You can log into to postimage if you go to postimg.cc instead of postimage.org. Not sure what is going on with it but they say they are trying to resolve it. Log in with your normal credentials and all of your saved pics will be there.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
SEW

Post by SEW »

Thank you.