bolts for Bulldog 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

bolts for Bulldog 330

Post by ChrisK »

I am still using the bolts that came with my crossbow. Down to two instead of three.
I was wondering if I should stick with the Diablo bolts like what my crossbow came with which seem to be pretty accurate so far or should I go with something different? I don’t care if my crossbow is going 330 or 300 just really interested more in accuracy more than anything else.
I have noticed on several online shopping sites that the Diablo bolts have red vanes on them and not the green vanes I have on my package bolts. I don’t care much what color the vanes are as long as they are the right ones.
Most of you guys have been around these crossbows a lot longer than me so I will appreciate everyone’s opinion.
Thanks
SEW

Re: bolts for Bulldog 330

Post by SEW »

The gentler the xbow, the less critical the arrows. Of course, Jerry at TAPP Nation makes great arrows. David at Wyvern Creations has arrows that will likely shoot very well out of your BD330. David’s Executioners will likely shoot extremely well.David and I have talked about his Executioners for Matrix xbows. He’s put a lot into his design. Having found that the BD400 is slightly more accurate than my M380 & 405s, and I expect the BD330 to be much less arrow critical and likely more accurate than the BD400, the Diablos will likely do well. But, I expect the higher level arrows will give marginally better performance.
Last edited by SEW on Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

If it were me I would stay with what came with the xbow be it Diablo arrows or what have you . As they are match to the xbow you are using .
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would get a dozen Zombie Slayers and stick with them. Get heavy inserts up front, 110 grains, and Blazer Vanes. Helical fletched, call Jerry at South Shore, our David at Wyvern Creations, you can also start making your own if you want, not really difficult, and very rewarding. You can get all the tips you need right here too.

Good luck with your decision.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 am
I would get a dozen Zombie Slayers and stick with them. Get heavy inserts up front, 110 grains, and Blazer Vanes. Helical fletched, call Jerry at South Shore, our David at Wyvern Creations, you can also start making your own if you want, not really difficult, and very rewarding. You can get all the tips you need right here too.

Good luck with your decision.
X2 on this. With crossbows stiffer is better and Zombie's are much stiffer than a Diablo. With what Dan describes above I would think you'll see an accuracy improvement over the stock setup
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

My 330 loves Zombie slayers and Spynal Tapps and they are extremely accurate.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you are just putting holes in deer, the arrows that the bow comes with work fine. If you want better, the next step up would be the factory fletched Black Eagle Arrows.
Shoot the bow with what it comes with and if you aren't happy with the accuracy, then get yourself something better.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

One nice thing about Diablo, is that they can be had for pennies on the dollar after all the crazy crossbowers(myself included) ditch them unfired on the trading post to go with zombies or executioners :eusa-whistle:

That and for most hunting situations they work perfectly fine.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
SEW

Post by SEW »

Boo wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:44 pm
If you are just putting holes in deer, the arrows that the bow comes with work fine. If you want better, the next step up would be the factory fletched Black Eagle Arrows.
Shoot the bow with what it comes with and if you aren't happy with the accuracy, then get yourself something better.
The gentler the xbow, the less accuracy difference between base and high level arrows. With a Vortex I shoot, there is relatively small difference between Diablos and my best Zombies. Huge difference with my M405. The BD330 is very gentle much like the Vortex.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Can’t go wrong with Black Eagle Executioners or the Zombies. I shoot the Zombies out of the 405. I usually order directly from Black Eagle they are on the door step in 3-5 days never had bad service from them. Good luck.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

I vote BEE..from Wyvern creations, my Matrix 355 loves em. I see no reason for my shooting/hunting to change.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

BEE's are what I shoot . I got mine on clearance last year at Black Eagle for under $20 for 1/2 doz. they had pink cresting but that's ok. :thumbup: They do shoot very well .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

At that price I would of used any color they had! Just remember this, if it is outdoors related call it salmon not pink. It makes it easir
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

ChrisK wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 11:10 pm
At that price I would of used any color they had! Just remember this, if it is outdoors related call it salmon not pink. It makes it easir
:thumbup:
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I bought 2 1/2 doz Factory 18" Executioners with pink dip and graphics last time while on sale. I'm still shooting the origional 6, after having them cut down to 16 1/2" and applying Green Ignitors for my micros... Absolutely love them :eusa-dance: :thumbup:

I found if you want them to pull from targets better ? Then like all arrows with graphics, wipe them down with acetone. You will get a really bright paint dipped arrow, as the paint is not effected by the acetone and after the shot or "pass thru" they are way easier to locate, as well as pull from a foam target.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier