The End of an Era and Beginning of an Error?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: The End of an Era and Beginning of an Error?

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

For some reason there are a bunch out there that love to go after our warranty.
What I meant by this is there seems to be a few people in the social media world who jumps on us at every opportunity to try and find holes in our warranty to discredit how good it really is. Our lifetime warranty has gained us an awesome following by our loyal customers so our competitors and some who just don't like us will take shots when they can. I hope this makes sense.

I will try to answer Anthony's questions:

....Peter....thank you for clarifying certain things.....so what happens if someone does NOT register their crossbow which has a serial number on it....is one precluded to being warranted?....Does the warranty pass to the second owner?

As it has been since our company started 35 years ago our warranty only applies to the original owner. However, we will always work with the customer and will do our best to be fair with any issues.

.....I understand that "INITIALLY" you want to see how the rope holds up in actual usage...Does this mean that the rope will eventually be sold separately and there will be some sought of video of explanation as to how to change the rope for those DIY'ers?

Don't know yet, we need to see how things go in the field and if there is an easy way for users to change the rope on their own we will certainly consider offering kits. Not everybody will want to change their own rope as its more complicated than just changing a string. But the more field experience we get the more we will know. By the end of the season we'll have a better feel for it.

.....I definitely do not agree with the 50 shots a year that you state....I shot more than that amount with my back breaking 335 at the range. I can easily see me putting on 250-500 before the beginning of the season now with the crank.

As I said in my post, this does not apply to many on this forum who shoot all the time. The average crossbow owner would be lucky to shoot 20 shots a year!

.....I'm sorry if you or some might feel that I am sounding like the sky is falling which is the further from the truth.....I like many have been responsible for quite a few Excalibur sales just by word of mouth....I consider the Assassin to be an engineering marvel....

.....I voiced my concerns and as long as we are moving toward a DIY approach as with all of the Excaliburs I again will be very happy!

We appreciate your input!

Peter
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

duplicate post!
Last edited by amythntr on Tue May 29, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I am comfortable in your responses Peter....I truly hope, however, that there is a move toward making sure the rope change becomes a DIY item (even in the form of a kit to be purchased)....that being said, I understand that information needs to be gathered before that determination can be made!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Anthony

I think yourself, Boo and Danny M. should tear down l’Assassino at Boofest and develope a “DIY” process for changing the rope.
:wtf: :eusa-popcorn:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

750 shots so is there a meter or gauge to tell me will it's time to change? :lol:
Other than visible wear and tear how can anyone tell time up?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bcxbow wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Anthony

I think yourself, Boo and Danny M. should tear down l’Assassino at Boofest and develope a “DIY” process for changing the rope.
:wtf: :eusa-popcorn:
....you don't want to include me in with the good Doctor Danny Miller and the "all knowing" Boo :eusa-naughty: ....I would come out with 6 fingers! :eusa-doh: .....with that said, If I was a betting man....this has already been done by those mighty powers and a year from now this will no longer even be a question....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I think the 750 shot number is just a safe ball park number Excalibur came up with to help answer customers concerns , My opinion is in the real world just use common sense and visually inspect the rope on a regular basis for wear, I have a c2 crank and that is what I do I have changed the string do to the fuzzy fray look after some years of a lot of use.
Their are a lot of conditions that can effect the life of rope number of times used, exposure to hot , cold, humidity , sunny environments while hunting and stored and on and on will have their toll .
All that said it sounds like a great crank and if it turns out it is hard to service now I can only see the design improving with time , we could have a gen 2 built in crank down the line or their may be no need at all for such.
That said the self service of Excalibur bows and their excellent customer service when problems do happen are what make me a happy return customer, so a self service built in crank is a very desirable feature.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Never having personally seen an assassin, can someone tell me their rated draw weight and if they are notched in the stock behind the rail for use of a standard hand and arm strength type cocking rope to allow it to be cocked like on all other excals ?
At this point I'm sure happy to be the owner of mystandard camoed 335 and 355 micros, as well as the 380 matrix.

I know that even with my on going physical problems I can still hand cock them at this point and not worry about the orange aftermarket rope I have outfitted them with being a problem nor costing me $50.00 dollars. ( I'm cheap ya know. ) :mrgreen:
I guess if and when I do need a crank, :roll: the C 2 has worked for years, buy fits my models, and should be available and provide continued reliability for as long as I'll be needing it. :eusa-pray:
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

L. E. Carroll wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 am
Never having personally seen an assassin, can someone tell me their rated draw weight and if they are notched in the stock behind the rail for use of a standard hand and arm strength type cocking rope to allow it to be cocked like on all other excals ?
At this point I'm sure happy to be the owner of mystandard camoed 335 and 355 micros, as well as the 380 matrix.

I know that even with my on going physical problems I can still hand cock them at this point and not worry about the orange aftermarket rope I have outfitted them with being a problem nor costing me $50.00 dollars. ( I'm cheap ya know. ) :mrgreen:
I guess if and when I do need a crank, :roll: the C 2 has worked for years, buy fits my models, and should be available and provide continued reliability for as long as I'll be needing it. :eusa-pray:
Gene
Gene:

The new Assassin does have the "cut out" groove which allows for manual setting up of a cocking rope. The draw weight if you were to attempt that is 285 lbs. What the Assassin does NOT have is the ability to use the C2 crank and that appears to be by reason of design of the adjustable stock!

Anthony :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....dang dup

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

L. E. Carroll wrote:

Gene
The cut out is there and I’m sure its theoretically possible to cock the Assassin with a rope cocker. I’ve tried it three times and can’t get it back far enough to cock it. For me, its the onboard cocker or nothing.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Tangle Eye wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:31 am
L. E. Carroll wrote:

Gene
The cut out is there and I’m sure its theoretically possible to cock the Assassin with a rope cocker. I’ve tried it three times and can’t get it back far enough to cock it. For me, its the onboard cocker or nothing.
....that there be some mighty fine piece of good information :thumbup: my friend from the south :wave: ...I was kind of hoping that that would be a viable option if something were to happen in the field :eusa-think:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

the bow has bolts (screws) that hold the crank on. just take it apart and see how it works it not the Ravin :eusa-doh:
most of the time things like that are not as bad as they seem. charger crank which i have will need new rope at some point.im looking
forward to fixing that my self :think: :thumbup:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Anthony,

If in doubt of being able to cock your new bow in the field without the crank :shh: At this point, I'm still feeling pretty strong. ( 2/3 of the way thru Chemo and Radiation today and I still don't feel sick :thumbup: )

Send me a plane ticket and I'll be happy to fly back your way and be your "gun bearer" on the next great White Tail safari you have planned.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am
the bow has bolts (screws) that hold the crank on. just take it apart and see how it works it not the Ravin :eusa-doh:
most of the time things like that are not as bad as they seem. charger crank which i have will need new rope at some point.im looking
forward to fixing that my self :think: :thumbup:
.....assuming said rope will be sold separately by Excalibur!

Anthony :think:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings