BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Re: Gene

Post by amythntr »

.....no, I was actually thinking of him this morning!....will reach out in a PM and get back if I hear!

Anthony :eusa-pray:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I talked to him last night and he is doing great and feeling fine . very busy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
W.M.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

W.Miguire wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 pm
I talked to him last night and he is doing great and feeling fine . very busy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
W.M.
Good to hear that about Gene!

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good to hear indeed.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... yes very good news indeed!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

This is Gene, and I just recieved a PM from Anthony asking how I'm doing :oops:

I finished up 6 weeks of daily Radiation this past Monday and 6 weekly chemo treatments the previous Monday...I was told going in that I would get progressively more tired as the Radiation progressed..

Through the first 4 weeks I never felt sick at all, not even for a day... It was really hard for me to believe I had lung cancer.🤔 ??? Then weeks 5 and 6 came around and so did the struggle to keep from napping the day away. Being tired hit like a ton of bricks.😴 Seems like all I wanted to do was sleep and feel sorry for myself..

I was having a very tough time accepting the prognosis the VA chemo team gave me even after the treatments were done. I felt like someone put a rope around my neck and kicked the bucket from under me when told I would perhaps have a 20% chance of reaching 18 months to 2 years.

Then if I'm lucky enough to make it thru that 2 years ? The Radiation Dept. at the Kohler Cancer Institute located at the Oregon Health Science University ( OHSU ) in Portland Ore. is giving me a 40% chance of making it to 5 years.

The worst part now is that I have to wait another 6 weeks for all treatments to continue to work until complete before
further testing can be conducted to see how successful the treatments were in killing what was going on before the Chemo and Radiation treatments started.

Well, at this point I'm once again feeling fine. (to the point that this past Sunday I did a bit over 300 miles Solo on the new Harley in preparation for my "Must Have, 1 more Sturgis trip" come August. ) :D

BTW, I have too many grand and great grandkids to accept that prognosis sitting or laying down. :eusa-hand: :eusa-naughty: . I WILL BE PART OF BOTH THE 20 and 40% mentioned by my teams and deemed "Clear" when that 5 year anniversary arrives !!!

While here, I would like to give lots of thanks to a very good friend here on the forum ( even though we have yet to meet in person ) Bill Crance ... :thumbup: for my often daily phone calls and/or voice mails keeping me on my toes and encourging me to keep a positive outlook on this entire situation.

As a side note, I blame this cancer, as well as my high blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes on the ingestion of Agent Orange as we distilled our drinking water from salt water and river runoff water while working within 1000 yards of coast and near the mouth of several rivers along the coast of Vietnam in 71 thru 73 while providing Naval Gunfire Support for our troops..... As to be expected, the VA will not recognize A/O exposure for Naval Personel during the time period and in the areas I was in while there.
( They did however, grant me some compensation for PTSD for the time and personel demons I brought back from there. )
Well, that's the entire story as it unfolded and I appreciate everyones interest, prayers and wishes.

Thank's to all here, ( especially you Bill ) for your concern and well wishes.
Gene Carroll
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

gene,
its good to see you post but i hate to read what you are dealing with. stay positive and keep that "never give up" attitude. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, :eusa-pray: :eusa-pray:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Best of wishes and good luck. Sounds like youve got a lot to fight for.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Boo

Post by Boo »

Gene, it's good to hear from you and that you've got high spirits! My thoughts will be with you! Stay strong and positive buddy!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... yes Gene, I too am glad to hear your never give up attitude!

.... I couldn’t help but think about the current political climate in our country where we are more concerned about providing benefits to illegal aliens.... than taking care of our veterans...

.... you have given so much for a useless war and are not being properly served and compensated...

....May the Good Lord provide you with complete healing and peace and comfort to you my brother!

Anthony :eusa-pray:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I think Anthony about said it all. Your attitude is an inspiration Gene, thanks for posting.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes.. :thumbup:
At this point its up to the skills of my various Oncology "teams" and pretty much the Grace of God. :eusa-pray:

When the time arrives for some follow up testing to see how all of these past treatments succeeded :thumbup: ( or not :roll: ) I'll post up again with an up-date, but that is a few weeks away.

In the mein time, my wife and I are selling off our home of 33 years out in the woods on our 7.23 acres, which includes our small 2 story, 2 bed, 2 bath log cabin, along with my awesome shooting range and bench which allows up to 60 yards with my Excals.

There's also the 20'x72' shop I built for all of my toys including the 2 4x4 vehicles, the wife's Camry , my quad, and 4 nice running motorcycles, not counting the 6 Honda Trail 90's and the trail 110, ( all in various stages of repair ). Along with the shop is a very nice 20'x30' enclosed, commercial carport for the motorhome, the ski boat ( that's pretty much a grandkids thing now :roll: ) and protection from the sun and elements for my small 10' Scamp fiberglass travel trailer...

I'm not sure how all of this is going to fit into a 2-3 car garage in town, even if there happens to be a carport and perhaps a nice 10'x16'or so storage shed in the back yard?

This move has become necessary at this pont in our lives due to her continued progressing loss of sight, to allow her to be closer to public transportation, stores, and her Doctors.

We are prepairing for the worst in my case, but that will allow the wife to live in a nice, less demanding home. with way less needed up keep and stress.

Should I beat the odds, :eusa-pray: :eusa-pray: I may even end up with more time for bike trips, hunting and trail riding with grandkids should everything work out my way health wise... as I'll no longer be required to mow and maintain that 7 + acres... hopefully a win win for the both of us. :eusa-dance: :thumbup:

thanks,
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

all my best to you gene