You guys had fun on the last bow, you might as well beat this one up too!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

You guys had fun on the last bow, you might as well beat this one up too!

Post by Boo »

https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/nitro-x-crossbow-package/ Look familiar?

Word is that 10pt isn't having fun with this model or some others. Scuttlebutt is that even the low priced ones are taking a shissen kicking as well. Donno if it's the sales or repairs. I'm not surprised, it's a bow that is assembled in the USA with Chinese parts. I'm probably not supposed to say that!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbowman

Re: You guys had fun on the last bow, you might as well beat this one up too!

Post by bigbowman »

I donno about the newer bows? I owned a few different models I had no problems. They were solid bows! Never had to use the warranty so I never tested their customer service. Lol
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

So the bow is in pre-order stage... Yet there are 3 glowing reviews for it already? Paid reviews?

Unless I'm missing something. Until Scorpyd came to Canada I didnt really pay much attention to a wheeled bow.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I came from cams and I’m never going back! I love Excalibur bows because I can do all of the work on my bows except for making a string! That’s why we have Boo! 😉 👍🏻
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

It’s really an airbow, the limbs and cables are just for looks. :crazy:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Are they ripping off the Ravin design or is it a rebrand? Looks very similar
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

man that some complicated looking chit. pinch the string why dont you. :eusa-popcorn:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Minnow wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 am
TP owns the patent that ravin is using ,Skepticle as i am I'll call it strategic marketing ?? TP patents everything.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

When that thing blows up, there is going to be parts for miles! :lol: Once again, where is a picture with the loaded quiver attached?

I put my hands on the Ravin bows yesterday. Man those things are long. I guess if you have that kind of money, then an enormous ground blind to fit it in won't be an issue either.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Don, I have a question. I have talked to you and Danny both about strings and serving in the past. Both of you said that the more acute the angle the tougher on the serving. Well, I realize that being a compound that these don't have the poundage on them at draw that a recurve does, but they have such an acute angle on the string that it looks like it would be really tough to serving last very long. Am I right? Is there something that I'm missing? Just curious.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm
Don, I have a question. I have talked to you and Danny both about strings and serving in the past. Both of you said that the more acute the angle the tougher on the serving. Well, I realize that being a compound that these don't have the poundage on them at draw that a recurve does, but they have such an acute angle on the string that it looks like it would be really tough to serving last very long. Am I right? Is there something that I'm missing? Just curious.
It's more of an issue of serving separation rather than wear as far as string angle goes. Compound have less poundage at full cock so there is less pressure between the latch and the serving, so wear is less of an issue.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

The dealer I visit and am friends with and I shot a few xbows the other day. Sub1, Stealth, NitroX, my Aculeus 180. I liked them all but there was no comparison with the Scorpyd. He agreed. I liked the NitroX but the Scorpyd is far superior, IMO. He’s had problems with the Stealth and the next one down. Limbs cracked where they go into the riser.
My Excalibur BD400, Aculeus 180, & Solution are my only remaining xbows. What more could I want? My money is in savings for whatever Scorpyd may come up with down the road. Way down the road.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

A few years ago when I still moose hunted of the 5 guys 4 had ten points and I had my old excalibur. Every year one of them had a problem with their 10 points and couldnt hunt but I just kept on keeping on !
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Thought I would post on this subject since I haven't been here in quite some time, and I do own two of those TenPoint bows, the shadow NXT, and the stealth NXT. Shadow uses the acudraw original on the one I have which cranks super easy holding the bow with two fingers. Their new acudraw Pro fabulously smooth but with the 220 pound draw Force takes a little more to crank it however it does it much faster with less revolutions than the acudraw original.

As many of you know my main bow and has been for years is my Mad Max 380 along with a Mad Max cut down 330 Barrel to make it my complete bow convertible if you will in the final Series in my opinion Excalibur has made to date. I don't know what these limb problems are since I have never heard of one no one else I know of has and we on them, but I'm still shooting my busted limbs on my 380 Mad Max that showed up a week after I bought it, I had one of the first Mad Max series 380s made and like I say I'm still using them limbs that others told me they would not shoot they were afraid of because they splendored. That both put down a bunch of deer since I owned it and one very nice 13 pointer on my wall.

But after reading all this non hands on information that I see in this thread, I have to say I just may have two more bows compound this time that doesn't leave the cave, that's saying a lot since I've owned over 20 recurves all likes cows in the last 6 years and probably that many compounds but from various vendors three of those were scorpyd, those went down the road the quickest of any, and one was highly improved on with custom touches from the finish the safety the trigger the strings and in three variations 110 125 and 165.

The fact is now for over 3 months since I've first acquired The Shadow and about a month ago or two weeks ago whatever when I received the stealth because I waited on the elite package, I was in pre-order mode for over 9 months not because of problems because they were selling these things so fast they couldn't get the orders out I could have had one month sooner but would not have had the elite the new scope hard case and free scope to go with the new scope with the acudraw pro all in one package.

What I like about both those is I'm not married to a crank although both have one and it's always there, but I always have an Accu sled rope Cocker that I can throw on at anytime without removing the others and cock it. No matter how I cock it it is 1 below and I must say as well as the scoreboard that shoots as good and to the same point of aim with different arrows is any of the excalibur's I've owned. It is probably the most shock Freebo I've ever shopped and that includes the Scorpions as well as quietest. I'm waiting for it to cool down and will extend my ranges but to date out to 40 yards if you shoot at the same spot twice, and do your job, your next job will be buying more arrows. Yes so far this boat is a tack driver I have over 70 shots on the shadow and the string looks like brand new, it is as good as I would expect from my 3:30 using my Vixen Master for my Boo string.

So at this time I will have to repeat what I said for several years after owning most bows made, and trust me there are no more foreign Parts in a 10-point than there are and Xcalibur! But at the same time there are no other bows built like the 10 points or the excalibur's, I understand some find this very difficult to understand because they know nothing about anything but a recurve, fortunately I am well experienced with both, and can honestly and truthfully state the 10-point is the number one company if you want an excellent compound crossbow. In my opinion they're the only company if you like training wheels on your bows. The same time as we all know Xcalibur is the number one manufacturer if you want the best recurve possible, and I don't see a change in either one of them in the future, to think any different is simply speaking with an extreme lack of experience.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Bones wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm
Minnow wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 am
TP owns the patent that ravin is using ,Skepticle as i am I'll call it strategic marketing ?? TP patents everything.
Common in the archery world. Look up all the patents that Darton ( Rex Darlington ) owns.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound