308 Short Banshee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Re: 308 Short Banshee

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Jeff, nice bow. For those of us who have not held or shot one. With the speed coming out of that bow, where do you feel this bow will be utilized at it's best? Thanks...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:12 am
Jeff, nice bow. For those of us who have not held or shot one. With the speed coming out of that bow, where do you feel this bow will be utilized at it's best? Thanks...
Speed @ normal archery ranges is overrated. Most of my shots are well under 30 yards. Long distance shooting is not what it's intended for. I will use my Micro Bulldog for open field hunting. I'm using the banshee for Bear this week because our baits are Max 20yard shots.

I have about 50 shots on it so far the serving looks great! Dented but not torn or separated. I have to say the trigger is excellent. No creep and breaks like glass. Pretty impressive for a factory trigger.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:57 pm
Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:12 am
Speed @ normal archery ranges is overrated. Most of my shots are well under 30 yards. Long distance shooting is not what it's intended for. I will use my Micro Bulldog for open field hunting. I'm using the banshee for Bear this week because our baits are Max 20yard shots.

I have about 50 shots on it so far the serving looks great! Dented but not torn or separated. I have to say the trigger is excellent. No creep and breaks like glass. Pretty impressive for a factory trigger.. :)
Thanks, be safe and shoot straight...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

I have the serenity 308 and love it. They shoot great and at 40 yds no problem holding groups at 1 1/2 inches.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

papa bear1 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 am
Minnow wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:16 pm
I like it! Feels like a little toy in my hands.... but.... sadly I’m too big for it, it’s not comfortable because of my big frame. One of the few times I wish I was smaller. Congrats on the new addition!!
I have not looked , or held one, it's probably going to be too small for me too. :problem:

Dave :roll:

Real shame, it’s a really nice bow at a great price point
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I had the rail of a black Matrix 380 cut down several years and it chronoed at 310 fps and I killed a lot of deer with it with an Exodus head and Grizztricks. I messed up and let my friend talk me out of it when I bought a Micro 335. He still has it and he said he wouldn't sell it for nothing. Those little bows are balanced and easy to cock and a pleasure to shoot. Good luck with yours Jeff I know you'll going to love it.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:57 pm

My 315, really responded well my my BOO trigger. The less poundage really sweetens them up compared to the TT I found.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

What quiver are you using
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead