2018 Season Opener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papa bear1

Re: 2018 Season Opener

Post by papa bear1 »

Same here as vixenmaster , it starts on the 15th, But i'll be on a 20 day fishing trip for crappie, so I probably won't be in a tree until the 23rd.
hopefully it will be a little cooler by then,
Good luck everyone. :thumbup:

Dave :D
Last edited by papa bear1 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

archery season opens october 1 here in michigan. there are some areas that have an early antlerless season september 22-23 any legal weapon can be used
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

SEP22 here,, I will be in a ground blind with thermacell running. Probably just hunt early morning and evening, not see much moved here during midday
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

9/15 in WI. i had been buying non-res tags in MI until #1 son bought some land 10 minutes from home. extremely happy to get 2 buck and 4 doe tags for bow & gun for $48!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Our season here in Arizona actually started August 24th. Plenty of rain and plenty of heat and plenty of mosquitoes here too and yes thank God for therma cell. I'm passing on the early- archery season because I drew a December rut hunting rifle. My elk hunt starts on the 14th so I'm busy busy now making plans checking maps getting ready for the big hunt opener. Good luck to everybody this fall season. The muley's will just have to wait till the opener on January 1st
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Hello there goose maybe I can swing by if I'm up there in October and maybe stick a doe It would be a lot of fun
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

elkaholic wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:48 pm
Hello there goose maybe I can swing by if I'm up there in October and maybe stick a doe It would be a lot of fun
i'm sure it would be fun gary but it's not my land... with me, his brother, and his wife's nephews, that lil patch of ground gets hunted pretty hard... you are more than welcome, however, to come hunt & stay at my camp in mi, which wouldn't be a whole lot farther from where ur hunting in wi. the hunting isn't as good but it's pretty country. i've been seeing an 8 & a coupla spikes. give me a call if you want to hook up.

on a related issue, it's been a lil bit of an adjustment going from captain to supercargo in hunting camp. :silent: that bandage is from biting my tongue as the best way (aka my way) to do something is ignored and an obviously inferior method is used. no worries tho- liberal application of ice & CR heals all wounds as i take on a more supervisory role!
mark
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

What's a non resident Mi tag cost.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

elkaholic wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:23 am
What's a non resident Mi tag cost.
$150.00 for the base licence
$20.00 for the deer seal.

This is our last season to hunt in Michigan. We hunt big woods and baiting will be banned this January... ;(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

This is our last season to hunt in Michigan. We hunt big woods and baiting will be banned this January... ;(
[/quote]

carnivorous, i assume ur hunt is in lower mi?

CWD was found in marinette county wi which is right across the menominee river from mi's upper peninsula. rumor was that when wi's cwd got close to da UP they would shut down baiting. ran into a warden the other week up there who told me he didn't think so because of all the problems they had shutting it down in downstate mi. time will tell.

cwd was found in oconto county in 2017 so both counties i hunt in have banned baiting. investing more time & $$ in food plots. anyway DNR really dropped the ball with deer farm regulating and cwd.
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Goose52 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 am
carnivorous, i assume ur hunt is in lower mi?

CWD was found in marinette county wi which is right across the menominee river from mi's upper peninsula. rumor was that when wi's cwd got close to da UP they would shut down baiting. ran into a warden the other week up there who told me he didn't think so because of all the problems they had shutting it down in downstate mi. time will tell.

cwd was found in oconto county in 2017 so both counties i hunt in have banned baiting. investing more time & $$ in food plots. anyway DNR really dropped the ball with deer farm regulating and cwd.
[/quote]

Yep we hunt just outside of Standish on state land. Unfortunately if your not baiting the chances of having a deer in archery range are very low. Keep in mind our time to hunt is limited to a day here and there.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
MEhunter80

Post by MEhunter80 »

NH bear season just opened. Sat in a tree opening day for a few hours with 93 degree weather. Hoping for a cool down quick!
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

carnivorous, here's hoping u beat the odds! good luck.
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE