Missed 1st day of Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Missed 1st day of Season

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i did n on purpose, its 90 degrees here at the cabin. Its too hot fer me to gut one skin it n bone it out in this heat. I jus cannot do it anymore. Age has caught up wid me n couple other things. Looks like this comin Sat. mornin, 64 n high of mid 70's. I think i can do that, won't be as many yellow jackets if'en i get one early in mornin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Re: Missed 1st day of Season

Post by xcaliber »

I'm with you on skipping the hot days. Good luck Mike.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I missed it to. Too sick to go out.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Same here Mike to hot here to .can't get in the mood with this heat . might get some turkey hunten in afternoon. :crazy:
W.M.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Arkansas starts on the 22nd, bear and deer. A week later than MO, but, to me, it’s still way too early! Still, I’ll bear hunt until I get one or the zone limit is reached. Good luck Mike and all others.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mornin y'all, no huntin this week. Shows high 60's n low 90's. Its showin low 80's next Sat. i may ease out then
Half Bubble Off BD360

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I didn't go out either mike. Lots a time yet .l hate contaminating all my clothes with sweat then l gotta deal with a carcass in 85 degree weather. ....nawwwwww l went to a super fall festival with my wife and a free night time concert......and l lived thru it except for the cheese bacon hot dog . The old cast iron stomach is wearing thin i think.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Geez knockin 90 degrees here at the cabin, sittin in my drawers wid the fan blowin on us. I am ready fer a Temp drop 15-20 degrees lower would be very nice
Half Bubble Off BD360

grouse

Post by grouse »

I hunted the last two mornings until about 8:30. I saw a couple of does yesterday (Sat.) and three more this morning. One of the does this morning was out in a soybean field about 45 yards away from my stand and I probably could have shot her. That is well beyond my self imposed maximum range, (and I'm far from desperate yet), so I passed. I'm back in the suburbs now and don't intend to go back to the farm until it cools off. Probably, late in the week I'll head back up. I love being retired!
axiom
350 SE
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck Mike when you get a chance to go we're still dealing with all the rain from the Hurricane.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hester0305 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:41 pm
Good luck Mike when you get a chance to go we're still dealing with all the rain from the Hurricane.
I don't think i would like havin to swim all day wid that Hurricane. I don't own a rain suit either
Half Bubble Off BD360

L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

For me it's been the whole first week and not for weather related reasons. Actually it's been about perfect, with light rain and cooler days .

My problem runs more towards the initative to go out and try again this year :eusa-doh: ... I have found that since completeing chemo and radiation for lung cancer, that my lung capacity seems to register near zero with most types of exertion.

I'm afraid of hitting a deer or elk where a long tracking job in heavy brush and steep terrain could cause a health problem on my part with no help near by or the loss of an animal that I can't even get too.. Then even if found there are those "get it to the truck" and meat processor issues to deal with. :roll:

Reality seems to be that I will be cutting back on the number of bows and gear I will have on hand. I'll most likely cut back to one on my Micros with the spare set of new limbs, ( just in case) and a couple dozen Black Eagle arrows and G5 broadheads..
I have several boxes of new, never shot, Hi Viz. Factoty 18" Executioneers that may be showing in the classifieds along with two really nice bows both having all the bells and whistles, including riser levels, camo Munch mounts, Danny Miller Baby Bumpers, wrapped stirrups and Hawke XB 30 scopes. These bows are described in my "signature" :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gene i really hate to hear of the Health issues. I pray they have it wiped out. A well armed one crossbow actually is better than havin a dz. n not be able to use any. If'en i lived out there i would assist includin packin out the deader than all get out tick toters.
I jus maybe can get out there next yr, at to visit :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Mike,
That would be great.. I'd love meeting you and a couple other guys ( I talk with often on the phone in person ). Let me know when and I'll have the coffee pot on and possibly get the wife to do some baking before hand. :eusa-pray:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Hang in there gene.l hope you feel a little better keep your hopes up and keep fighting.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.