Where are the harvest pics?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Where are the harvest pics?

Post by DuckHunt »

I can't believe it's late September and we haven't seen a slew of deer harvest photos yet. I bagged my second doe this morning with a rifle, so I decided to take my Micro on the evening hunt even though its doe-only gun season and I have to wear orange (Loudoun Co, VA). I've been carrying a 22LR along with my deer rifle and that's been a good thing. Because I've brought a limit of squirrels home every trip but had only seen two deer as of this morning in seven hunts.

This afternoon hunting doe with my Micro, this guy strolls by at less than 10 yards.
They seem to know when it's doe only season. I'm just hoping he makes a similar appearance sometime in the next month.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
vixenmaster

Re: Where are the harvest pics?

Post by vixenmaster »

I hope he does also. I have got to go a few times but have not saw a tick toter yet
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Here is my doe from two weeks ago. 30 yard shot, 60 yard recovery... Matrix 380 Blackout using a Chinese version of the Rage Hypodermics.... Love these heads... This is the 6th deer in now three seasons using these heads.. I did'nt try to get this head back..Figured the tree could keep it....

and a quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBbKwiJNPY
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

We only get one buck tag here so it gets used on something with a lot of bone on his head. Almost all of my mounted heads came from halloween to November 14 time slot . Sooo , I probably have a lot a time sitting in a tree ahead of me before l can post a harvest picture but hours in the tree are not a bad thing lol. Also its been so darn hot here who wants to drag a doe out and deal with it spoiling. I think the heat is why the harvest pictures probably are not coming in. A lot of my friends have not even entered the woods yet.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am
I think the heat is why the harvest pictures probably are not coming in.
You're probably right about that. I was noticing while sitting in the stand yesterday that all of my leaves are still green around here and tomorrow it will be October. The only leaves that have fell around here are certainly not from the cold. It could be a slow start to the season if things don't cool off fairly soon. We're a few weeks away from what is normally peak color and there isn't even a hint of yet.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Congrats on your harvest :thumbup:

Took a look at your vid good shot on a invisible deer lol just joking around
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea grassy great shot. Thats how its done.lm gonna try the super freak extreme in my heavy bows this year when im hunting one of my jungle spots l hope to get a hole like that .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

ihunt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:25 am

LOL... the nature of these cheap pov cams.... the only clue to a hit is that the arrow disappears and reappears...
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 pm
ihunt wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:25 am

LOL... the nature of these cheap pov cams.... the only clue to a hit is that the arrow disappears and reappears...
How far was that? It looks like a long shot, but that may be a result of the wide angle lens. The first time I watched it I thought the string was slack after the shot, then I realized that was the fish eye of the lens
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

30 yards..
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:27 pm
30 yards..
That was a good shot. It was a fast shot too, nicely done. I tend to get the scope up for a while before I shoot.
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

(Sorry it was the best picture I could get of him with all of the excitement!)

Debated on going out because it was gloomy and raining all day long here in Wisconsin, only benefit was that it was only 47 degrees. Well at 4:00pm I decided to go sit in my west blind. Got in the blind, cocked the bow, setup my table with rangefinder, binos, water, phone and my book. Gave up on my book because these older eyes aren’t as good as they used to be. So picked up my phone and was reading through the forums. Time passed, was about 6:09pm I decided to shut off everything, zipped up my jacket, put on my gloves and sat back and was enjoying the squirrels, rabbits and chippers scurrying around making a ruckus! Well a few minutes later here came a doe and her fawn that is now out of spots with her new shiny coat. Momma jumped about 180 degrees and was on guard. Her fawn just kept eating. Lol Well she kept looking back till they both gave way to a bigger deer coming in. In the meantime I had grabbed my phone and was taking pictures. I snapped a picture of the buck and was just going to let them all finish enjoying their day. Then I started thinking that what if I don’t see another buck for the rest of the season? At this point I decided that I’m going to take him! Sighted him in at 20 yds, clicked the safety off, steadied myself and gently squeezed the trigger. Kapow went the arrow, the typical mule kick and he ran off down the hill! Later I realized that the arrow had hit a rock making the loud noise! Sitting there trying to calm my nerves and breathing down. At this point it was hard to do! Texted my wife to tell her that I had just shot a buck! She asked if I needed any help and I answered that I think I can handle it? After about 35 minutes I walked back up to the garage and got on my Honda to go start the real search. Drove down the hill were I had last seen him go, about 30yds in front of me was the ever so exciting view of a pure white belly! He indeed was dead at a total of 57 yards from were I had shot him. He dressed out at 170lbs. As for my equipment, this was the christening of my new Excalibur Exocet, Spynal Tapp spine indexed & weight matched arrows, SK-300 vanes, NuFletch Ignitor lighted nocks and a Muzzy Trocar HB Ti broadhead. It was a double lung shot that caught the upper part of the heart! I’m truly glad that I decided to go out this evening because it was worth it! I’m not a gifted orator or writer so this was to my best ability. Thanks first and foremost to our Lord, Jesus Christ!

Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

bigbowman wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:16 pm

(Sorry it was the best picture I could get of him with all of the excitement!)

Debated on going out because it was gloomy and raining all day long here in Wisconsin, only benefit was that it was only 47 degrees. Well at 4:00pm I decided to go sit in my west blind. Got in the blind, cocked the bow, setup my table with rangefinder, binos, water, phone and my book. Gave up on my book because these older eyes aren’t as good as they used to be. So picked up my phone and was reading through the forums. Time passed, was about 6:09pm I decided to shut off everything, zipped up my jacket, put on my gloves and sat back and was enjoying the squirrels, rabbits and chippers scurrying around making a ruckus! Well a few minutes later here came a doe and her fawn that is now out of spots with her new shiny coat. Momma jumped about 180 degrees and was on guard. Her fawn just kept eating. Lol Well she kept looking back till they both gave way to a bigger deer coming in. In the meantime I had grabbed my phone and was taking pictures. I snapped a picture of the buck and was just going to let them all finish enjoying their day. Then I started thinking that what if I don’t see another buck for the rest of the season? At this point I decided that I’m going to take him! Sighted him in at 20 yds, clicked the safety off, steadied myself and gently squeezed the trigger. Kapow went the arrow, the typical mule kick and he ran off down the hill! Later I realized that the arrow had hit a rock making the loud noise! Sitting there trying to calm my nerves and breathing down. At this point it was hard to do! Texted my wife to tell her that I had just shot a buck! She asked if I needed any help and I answered that I think I can handle it? After about 35 minutes I walked back up to the garage and got on my Honda to go start the real search. Drove down the hill were I had last seen him go, about 30yds in front of me was the ever so exciting view of a pure white belly! He indeed was dead at a total of 57 yards from were I had shot him. He dressed out at 170lbs. As for my equipment, this was the christening of my new Excalibur Exocet, Spynal Tapp spine indexed & weight matched arrows, SK-300 vanes, NuFletch Ignitor lighted nocks and a Muzzy Trocar HB Ti broadhead. It was a double lung shot that caught the upper part of the heart! I’m truly glad that I decided to go out this evening because it was worth it! I’m not a gifted orator or writer so this was to my best ability. Thanks first and foremost to our Lord, Jesus Christ!

Congrats on getting it done!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Congrats. ...thats a nice n fat well fed buck. Great job
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats on a job well done, nice buck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!