Cabelas Equalizer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Location: Sout. Illinois

Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Cardinalsfanforever » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Cabelas has their Equalizer on sale. Any info on this bow? Says 370 fpm. Looks a lot like Matrix 380. Will limbs and other parts interchange?
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Vixenmaster
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster

W.Miguire
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Washington Island Wisc.

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by W.Miguire » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 am

That's looks like a great deal. !0 fps less than the 380 you will never know the difference .
W.M.

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by janesy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:36 am

Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm
Cabelas has their Equalizer on sale. Any info on this bow? Says 370 fpm. Looks a lot like Matrix 380. Will limbs and other parts interchange?
I have experience with that bow. Just a touch shorter than a 380, 100% compatible. Really nice bow.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
RobD
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Mt. Pleasant, MI

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by RobD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 am

I almost bought one last year but I bought Anthony's Jelly Belly instead. It is just a Matrix 380 with a slightly shorter rail, about halfway between a Matrix 355 & 380. Consider it a Matrix 370 for all intensive purposes. Don't hesitate to buy one if the price is right.
Micro 360 TD Pro (Mossy Oak)
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!

User avatar
Goose52
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 am
Location: NE WI

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Goose52 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:20 am

went to cabela's website to check it out and $540 for a "370" seems like a pretty nice deal. a standard lite package minus the REDS is included. i think that rivals the 350le deals of a coupla years ago.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

SALTYDOG
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by SALTYDOG » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:11 am

This does look like a good deal,eBay has the 350le on sale right now for $569.99...It’s so hard to decide :eusa-think:

User avatar
RobD
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Mt. Pleasant, MI

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by RobD » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:39 am

A few bucks over $500 (currency rate conversion of $650 CAN) gets you a 350LE from AL Flahertys in Canada. This was one of the sources of the original 350 deals a few years ago.

https://www.alflahertys.com/collections/archery-and-airguns/products/excalibur-crossbow-matrix-350-le-with-dead-zone-scope-3500se
Micro 360 TD Pro (Mossy Oak)
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!

Boomer81
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:09 pm
Location: Ottawa/Gatineau

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Boomer81 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

RobD wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:39 am
A few bucks over $500 (currency rate conversion of $650 CAN) gets you a 350LE from AL Flahertys in Canada. This was one of the sources of the original 350 deals a few years ago.

https://www.alflahertys.com/collections/archery-and-airguns/products/excalibur-crossbow-matrix-350-le-with-dead-zone-scope-3500se
Thats the one i am currently using and it is lights out up to 50 yrds away. Havent been able to find room to shoot it at 60 but im sure it would hit whatever i was aiming at even then with that scope. Love it.

Although i dont hunt anywhere with more than a 30yrd shot so down the road i will look at getting something smaller like a micro or something just to reduce size. Power will never be an issue where i hunt.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo
REDS
Dr. Stirrup Dbkillers (Limbs)
Air Brakes
Dr Stirrup 4x4Kocker

ko4nrbs
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by ko4nrbs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Found a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl__P1aqt0k

I checked online and it appears it is sold out.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35

User avatar
Goose52
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:57 am
Location: NE WI

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Goose52 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:13 am

I looked at the 350 on flaherty's site and going by the picture, it has a micro stock (my 350 has a matrix stock) and it has an ADF but no REDS. ADF had to be added (but i believe REDS were included; i bought a used one) to the original 350le/se and they often exceeded expected speeds. will this new one perform as well?

i can no longer get to the equalizer on cabelas website. sold out? i live 60 miles from the nearest cabelas so i usually order on line. even on the 1st day of an advertized sale the sale items are out of stock online. in early may i ordered a spinning combo for my grandson; it arrived a coupla days before his july birthday!

i was thinking the equalizer was the better deal between the 2 bows but unless they have it at ur local store, the 350 might be the way to go.
mark
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE

User avatar
robertyb
Posts: 2638
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by robertyb » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Goose52 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:13 am
I looked at the 350 on flaherty's site and going by the picture, it has a micro stock (my 350 has a matrix stock) and it has an ADF but no REDS. ADF had to be added (but i believe REDS were included; i bought a used one) to the original 350le/se and they often exceeded expected speeds. will this new one perform as well?

i can no longer get to the equalizer on cabelas website. sold out? i live 60 miles from the nearest cabelas so i usually order on line. even on the 1st day of an advertized sale the sale items are out of stock online. in early may i ordered a spinning combo for my grandson; it arrived a coupla days before his july birthday!

i was thinking the equalizer was the better deal between the 2 bows but unless they have it at ur local store, the 350 might be the way to go.
mark
My 350 LE from Al' Flaherty's did not have ADF or REDS included. I got one of the first ones.
Wildlife Population Control Specialist

Rather-B-Huntin
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:24 pm
Location: Hurricane, WV

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Rather-B-Huntin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:31 pm

I just bought a 350se on eBay for $569.99 delivered.
No REDS or ADF. Has the Micro style stock. My father’s 350le purchased spring of ‘17 was just a cut down 405.
I bought the 350 because I was tired of my Micros breaking down. Best deal goIng on an Excalibur!
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!

Buck
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 pm
Location: Northern NJ AKA Zone 13

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by Buck » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Rather-B-Huntin wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:31 pm
I just bought a 350se on eBay for $569.99 delivered.
No REDS or ADF. Has the Micro style stock. My father’s 350le purchased spring of ‘17 was just a cut down 405.
I bought the 350 because I was tired of my Micros breaking down. Best deal goIng on an Excalibur!

X1

The newer version of the 350 is a great deal and should definitely be considered. I received mine a few weeks ago. Great shooting bow and a bonus is the upgraded (in my opinion) stock. Interesting riser, there appears to be two sections with impressions but are not cut out.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Closer to a 360 after Excalibur’s Warranty Service
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....

User avatar
AJ01
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by AJ01 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am

janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:36 am
Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm
Cabelas has their Equalizer on sale. Any info on this bow? Says 370 fpm. Looks a lot like Matrix 380. Will limbs and other parts interchange?
I have experience with that bow. Just a touch shorter than a 380, 100% compatible. Really nice bow.
I know that this is an OLD post, but I have recently ran across one of these bows for sale. It needs the REDS replaced and the string. Has a Tact Zone scope, and they want $250 for it. My question is....what substance is the rail made out of? Metal, glass, plastic??? What size REDS? And is this an 18" bolt or what?
The limbs are in good shape and the bow isn't beat up. Owner says it's just been sitting.

Any input will help! Thanks

AJ
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Cabelas Equalizer

Post by janesy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:28 am

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am
janesy wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:36 am
Cardinalsfanforever wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm
Cabelas has their Equalizer on sale. Any info on this bow? Says 370 fpm. Looks a lot like Matrix 380. Will limbs and other parts interchange?
I have experience with that bow. Just a touch shorter than a 380, 100% compatible. Really nice bow.
I know that this is an OLD post, but I have recently ran across one of these bows for sale. It needs the REDS replaced and the string. Has a Tact Zone scope, and they want $250 for it. My question is....what substance is the rail made out of? Metal, glass, plastic??? What size REDS? And is this an 18" bolt or what?
The limbs are in good shape and the bow isn't beat up. Owner says it's just been sitting.

Any input will help! Thanks

AJ
It's nearly the same as a matrix380.
Differences are a slightly shorter aluminum rail coated in black not camo, lack of some accessories from new, and the camo is Cabela's zones or whatever. So camo matching limbs may or may not be available forever.

All in all it was a great bow. Certainly worth $250. Jump on it!
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Post Reply