blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: blinds

Post by papabear1 »

I have to say something here about my health, I,m not totally out of commission just have to put myself on hold this year,
I will be good to go next year , I also want to say something about Mike (vixenmaster) he is a true example of what kind of members are on this forum,
he is a kind and helpful person who wants to help, God bless you Mike ,,,,, if you get any extra deer donate them to a needy family. :eusa-clap: :eusa-pray:

Dave :clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

I hunt ground pretty much exclusively. It somewhat limits your 'field of fire', unless you clear good lanes beforehand, but I have no problem being undetected. I wear a leafy anorak, and use natural branches and stuff to create a very minimal 'blind'. The trick, I have found, is to be perfectly still and to have xbow up on knee, ready to shoot. Early on, I had several instances of deer walking up to me, with my bow on my lap. I mean literally walk up 15' away and head-bob me, as they try to figure out what they're seeing.

Of course, you have to pick a good funnel and such, no diff than a tree stand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I also prefer trees but l always have a brushed in doghouse blind up in an area for a cold damp day.dog house blinds are cheap but very good quality for the money. On Saturday if it rains l will be in mine with the Montana decoy out. I have a tiny sterno stove that will make it very nice on even the coldest day. If you want to go roofless and portable see my posts on the ghost blind that's another really cool tool that's awsome.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

I bought the primos double bull surround view 360 blind (the blind without the blindspot) and that see through material is as amazing as it looks on the ads. It is such a weird feeling sitting inside and being able to see everything around you but then stepping out and not being able to see through it lol it feels like you are in a spaceship with cloaking technology.

I bought it for turkey but will be using it for deer this season as well.

The only thing you need to get used to is that when you open the blind window if you dont have the blackout wall behind you, you can literally see through the back of the blind. So its tough to figure out what to wear when you hunt out of it, black or camo lol

But it is amazing to be able to sit and see out every wall and get ready for whatever is walking around you.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo