OT Where were you 11/22/1963

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hillcountry

Re: OT Where were you 11/22/1963

Post by Hillcountry »

I was in what is referred to nowadays as “middle school” which was 7th grade back then. I recall plenty of sadness and confusion for a while the we were sent home early to see the aftermath on the news for the next (what seemed like) months...I remember doodling the date and event on the inside of my desk drawer in my bedroom. Also doodled something about “The Beatles” as well...
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

I was in school and everyone was sent to the gym where we were all told at the same time.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

All I remember is Mom calling us in from kicking the football over the limb of the Elm tree to watch the funeral procession on TV. The sight of the rider less horse and the sound of the drums was burnt into my memory. Chilling sight at the time. I was twelve.
USAF Ret in Wis

Post by USAF Ret in Wis »

NOt sure, as I wasn't a glimmer in the ol man's eye until approx Nov 1964 :lol:
Craig
US Air Force 1984-2007
Excalibur Assassin
Scorpyd Orion 135
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I was a kid out running the woods of East Texas. I remember stopping by my Grandpa's place. He was tough as an Iron Wood tree stump. Part Irish and part Choctaw. He had raised 10 kids, Been drafted into WWI and lived to tell about it. I though he was invincible.
I remember seeing him sitting in front of that old black and white television watching "Walter Kronikite" on the news. My grandpa was doing something I'd never seen him do before, he had tears in his eyes and on his cheeks. I knew immediately that something was terribly wrong. I'll NEVER forget that day.
My Grandpa died 3 years later. I think he died of a broken heart. He never got over the murder of JFK.

GOD Bless you both! :( :(
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!