New to Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Re: New to Excalibur

Post by gerald strine »

I vote for the slick trick broad heads I use the x bow trick with great results, accurate and deadly , never malfunctions, very tough head.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
USAF Ret in Wis

Post by USAF Ret in Wis »

gerald strine wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:56 am
I vote for the slick trick broad heads I use the x bow trick with great results, accurate and deadly , never malfunctions, very tough head.
I really liked Slick Tricks with my vertical bow, but have a dumb question, How do you pull them out of a target?

I have a Rinehart Crossbow 2 go target and almost had to leave a head inside it when I shot it with my Scorpyd :shock:
Craig
US Air Force 1984-2007
Excalibur Assassin
Scorpyd Orion 135
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

USAF Ret in Wis wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 am
gerald strine wrote:
I really liked Slick Tricks with my vertical bow, but have a dumb question, How do you pull them out of a target?

I have a Rinehart Crossbow 2 go target and almost had to leave a head inside it when I shot it with my Scorpyd :shock:
You may have to push them on thru.
i have had to do that with my vertical bow. ( 125 Gr slick trick Mags )
its not easy on the vanes tho. makes them wavy. but you can refletch them. its cheaper than loosing a head in your target.
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If it where me I would use only one BH to sight it in and gr et a arrow puller from Danny Miller 704 483 2312 if you call him today you should have it by tues. they are the best puller on the market.

W.M.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

USAF Ret in Wis wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 am
gerald strine wrote:

No such thing as a dumb question just dumb answer's
I do all most all my practicing with broad heads I shoot into a covered sand pile I made in my back yard I use a piece of card board for a target and just shoot through the card board into the sand ,.
Of course I have a few dedicated practice heads that I just switch out for new to hunt .
Bolts come out with 2 fingers I wipe off with a rag between shots to keep dust off bow.
I shot a Broad head league for many years we had cardboard deer silhouettes we shot through into sand piles 30 targets you would patch the back side of the target with masking tape so the the next guy would have a clean target with no holes.
When you shot with more than one shooter in a group we carried lipstick every one had their own color you would wipe the tips of the blades with lipstick and it marked the cardboard going through so all shooters in your group shot, scored , then taped the back and that left no doubt what you scored, but eventually so many people went to mechanical heads that the league fell apart, we had some great tail gate cook outs after the shooting it was a sham it came to an end.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
BigOLayne

Post by BigOLayne »

Welcome to the forum and what great information. I just purchased an Assassin as well and everyone has answered most of my questions and even given numbers to call.
@USAF where were you stationed and afsc?
Assassin
Hha speed optimizer/tact zone
USAF retired
Dr.Stirrup
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Slick tricks beat up a target for sure. I have used a Rinehart 18:1, and currently have a Cabela's BH target I found on sale. I don't use a puller, but just grab the arrow close to the target and pull. I find that not too bad. But if you shoot a field point intoi that target....good luck getting it out. You really need a rag target for FPs and a BH target for BHs.. I hear a Blob is good too.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
USAF Ret in Wis

Post by USAF Ret in Wis »

BigOLayne wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 am
Welcome to the forum and what great information. I just purchased an Assassin as well and everyone has answered most of my questions and even given numbers to call.
@USAF where were you stationed and afsc?
I was a 605 in a Mobile Aerial Port for 4 years, then recruited for 19, my last 11 years as a Doc recruiter.

Stationed all over the states, Dyess, Houghton MI, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Madison, Hanscom AFB Mass, Patrick AFB Fl, Naperville IL, retired in Seymour Johnson AFB, NC

How about you, what did you do?
Craig
US Air Force 1984-2007
Excalibur Assassin
Scorpyd Orion 135
BigOLayne

Post by BigOLayne »

Was SAC for majority of career, Clark, Wurtsmith, Sheppard and Anderson; 905 pharmacy.
Actually looking at getting back down to TX; hunting is so much better, not to mention some of my family live there as well. I like the first part of my answer better - the hunting is so much better...
Assassin
Hha speed optimizer/tact zone
USAF retired
Dr.Stirrup