50th hunt ideas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RexKay

Re: 50th hunt ideas

Post by RexKay »

Out west in a windmill by the watering hole about 40 yds with the DS waiting for a trophy Antelope buck or Muley. Topped off with a little stop in Vegas :thumbup:
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have always wanted to do a New Zealand Red Stag Hunt or out west Elk on horse back.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Go for hogs in Florida and combine it with a xbow gator hunt.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

First thing you need to do seeing how your now 50 is get a colonoscopy! :clap:
I then vote for a Brown Bear hunt!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Loloolllll that was good
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Riflemanz wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 pm
I then vote for a Brown Bear hunt!
If you did the brown bear hunt first, you might not need the night before prep!😎
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Species8472 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 pm
Even though it's too late for my 50th I might be interested in this. Any good place you want to share with us Joe?
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Fazan wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Species8472 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 pm
Even though it's too late for my 50th I might be interested in this. Any good place you want to share with us Joe?
I wish I actually knew. Just on my bucket list to get a 10'+ gator with my excal.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
galamb

Post by galamb »

I lived in Nfld for a total of 9 years (two tours in the Airforce) and there is a crap pile of moose there. Plus, outside of a few little inhabited pockets most of the island is crown land. Some describe the land as a giant bog with a few rocks thrown in. I would add a few rises to that definition. It is hard land but loved moose hunting there and if you didn't tag out it was because you skipped hunting season.

Having said that given the cost to get there and back alone you could "buy a tag" from any of the Ontario outfitters that get tags for less money and have a much easier time getting the meat back home. I'm not saying that the trip wouldn't be great but for "me", if I'm going to drop some serious coin on a hunting trip I want to hunt something I can't do at home. And if you were blindfolded and dropped off in the middle of the woods in Northern Ontario "or" Newfoundland, unless the guide had a down east accent, you wouldn't be able to tell which place you were - pretty similar - not like having the Rockies in the background or some other "alien" looking landscape compared to what we see here, which in my mind greatly enhances the trip.

Likewise, many of the US hunts I have looked into are mostly "high fence". If you could find a truly "wild - fair chase" hunt down there that would be one thing - but some ranch in Texas, which seems every square inch is owned and then you have the hunting fees, trophy fees, recovery fees etc etc might be for some but not me. Have inlaws in Texas. Myself and the brother-in-law did a hog hunt down there. The only positive was that it was "unique" - but kinda like hunting planted pheasants - you know they are going to be there because they don't leave the property.

As an Ontario hunter we don't have Mulies or Elk - both would be high on my bucket list hunts. No great advantage doing that in Canada - all the outfitters charge US bucks anyhow, but would still keep my 75 cents to the US buck dollars in Canada.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
janesy

Post by janesy »

Anderson's Lodge.

Just go there.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I have to say moose would be top of my list next to rocky mountain elk hunt.nayby throw in a big cat hunt over hounds.
addicted to canadian beaver
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I say do a Moose hunt Jeff ! Something about being 20 yards from a Big Bull gets my adrenaline going ! :thumbup:
maple

Post by maple »

My son and I went on the Newfie moose hunt this fall, and it was a blast. I'd go again for sure. And for about $5000 it's a bargain.

I drove out with a trailer and my son flew out. Next time I'd fly out and back with the meat, as it's faster and cheaper...the ferry alone was $220 each way!

It's got my vote, but most outfitters are now reserving for 2020.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Riflemanz wrote:
I have to get them annually!! Glad they put me to sleep now. In the 1980's you were awake for the procedure.

Seriously do get them as recommended by your doctor. Colon cancer is much worse than the colonoscopy.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
janesy

Post by janesy »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Riflemanz wrote:
I have to get them annually!! Glad they put me to sleep now. In the 1980's you were awake for the procedure.

Seriously do get them as recommended by your doctor. Colon cancer is much worse than the colonoscopy.
Bill
Ain't that the truth. Due to a history, I'll be starting mine around 40, which my wife reminds me often, is quickly approaching.. Not something I'm looking forward too. But I'm really not interested in playing the cards as they fall.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme