the other night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

otisbrazwell

the other night

Post by otisbrazwell »

so I have hunted Vermont and rhode island haven't fired a shot at a descent buck this year.Passed on 4 does at deferent times had a big 8 walk down the road at 2 in the afternoon according to the old lady im miles away hunting. dont get me wrong im having a good time Columbus day I had a black bear come up behind me on a farm in vt at 19 yrds young bear stands up I have the micro and ruger Blackhawk loaded with corbon 45lc (no tag).its 9 am old lady just text my phone checking on me so I shoot her a text of the bear that's when he stands up (5' tall) I pull the Blackhawk and say leave bear he goes down on all 4s walks away grumbling. nice looking bear (no donuts or bait). so heres the so on the frosting on the cake the other night at 10:30 I turn the front light on to take Otis my white lab out open door step out and theres a huge 8 point buck eating the bush at the front step I scare him he scares me. buck rears up on hind legs spins around runs in circles around white cedar secluded front yard antlers high as big as the 146& 3/8s that's on the wall. gun season ends sunday in zone 2 puplic land were I hunt sunday and I can wait toget the micro out in the deer woods. the sea of orange will be gone. ( the 146&3/8s is a rhode island archery buck back in 2000 @ : this point a buck of a life time) :eusa-violin:
Last edited by otisbrazwell on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agingcrossbower

Re: the other night

Post by agingcrossbower »

Go get him Otis!! I never even got out yet. Flooded swamps and a bad cough kept me home. Hope to get out and do some late season hunting. Nothing better than to see them in the snow. Much fun ahead hopefully.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Yup sounds about right. In Kansas first day walking in I bumped the first true 200 plus deer I have ever seen bedded with a doe 75 yards from my stand. As he turned and ran I saw a long drop tine as well !! I passed several 140-150 class deer waiting for a chance at him and now have tag soup ! :eusa-violin:
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

I dont mind tag soup im 64 taken a good amount of does and young deer. hiking with assorted weapons and seeing
new country is good to you never know big bruiser will show.