Micro Suppressor crossbow upgrades

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ram1590

Micro Suppressor crossbow upgrades

Post by Ram1590 »

I have just purchased a Micro Suppressor any suggestions on best bolt, broadhead and grain combo to use other than the Quill and Bolt Cutters? I am new the crossbow forum so be gentle. LoL.. I have hunted for years with my compound but this is like starting from scratch all over again.. I just ordered my quiver mount from Munchmounts. He has been very helpful and I am very greatful for his willingness to guide me in right direction. If anyone has any mods or beneficial info I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to utilize the forums experience! Thanks in advance!
janesy

Re: Micro Suppressor crossbow upgrades

Post by janesy »

With the higher pound micros, you will really appreciate the stiff spine of the Black Eagle Zombie slayers.
I have Zombies combos weighing in from 390 to 420 and they all are pinpoint deadly. They don't make them in 16.5". So if you want to stay short you'll need to with go 18 or 20 and cut back. Base your decision on whichever insert you decide. (18" has 92 gr, 20" has 110".)
You will really quickly fall in love with that bulldog layout, great little bow you have there. :thumbup:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

I switched out my Excalibur arrows for the Executioners for my Micro. They are available in 16.5 inch but the .003 tolerance. Also went with a heavier point 150 gn which brings arrow weight up to 420 gn. Accuracy is much better. Before I could only get about 2 inch groups at 20 yards with the lighter Quill arrows.

Hey, Janesy, your selling camo hats now I see. Whens the Excalibur line up coming?
Ram1590

Post by Ram1590 »

Anyone on forum sell 16.5" bolts .001 with flat nocks / illuminated flat nocks and 110gr. brass inserts? Please PM me with details. Thanks
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

You can buy all the components and assemble. Arrow making on here seems to have dropped off a bit.
I have a micro 335 and a suppressor. My recipe is

16” arrow
110 gr insert
2” feathers
Flat Lumenok
125 gr Ramcat

Deadly arrows that hit hard.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

After trying several, I use the Black Eagle Zombie Slayers and right now they have 110 grain inserts and I use 150 grain broadhead. My bolt weight is 420 grains. I use these in an Axiom and a M380 so I have no experience with the Micro's but there's no reason you can 't get these bolts cut to what length you want and set them up for the best performance in your crossbow.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Along with the great arrow advice above get a Flemish string from one of our forum members l have used them from one of the gentlemen above and basically all of our string makers they are all better than stock. Them micros eat strings for dinner and the custom string makers use a much durable serving material for one and stretch is much less. You can even pick any color you like. Good luck with your short limber .
I too believe that the 110 insert and 125 head shoots basically as good as its gonna shoot. With the short bolts heavier is definitely better.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
BigOLayne

Post by BigOLayne »

Ram1590 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am
Anyone on forum sell 16.5" bolts .001 with flat nocks / illuminated flat nocks and 110gr. brass inserts? Please PM me with details. Thanks
Congratulations on the micro purchase; and I purchased my bolts from Wyvern (16.5" bolts .001 with flat or lumenock) but there are many others on here that can also guide you on where to look.
Also, I did just purchase a Dr.stirrup which adds stability and more importantly safety...
Assassin
Hha speed optimizer/tact zone
USAF retired
Dr.Stirrup
Ram1590

Post by Ram1590 »

Thank you to all for your advice! Just got a chance to get logged back on.. Crop damage season ends in March here, so I will be getting to put some extra time in this year!!