Twlight DLX Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BillG

Twlight DLX Scope

Post by BillG »

Since all the Excalibur crossbows come with scopes (Dead Zone / Tac Zone) already mounted how is a person supposed to get the Twlight DLX scope on a new crossbow? Obviously I can purchase the new crossbow with scope and then replace it with the Twlight DLX but then your out the cost of whatever scope came on it. Secondly I thought about asking my local shop if they would upgrade the scope and I could pay the difference, however then they'd be stuck with the lower grade scope in their stock. No one has offered yet. Any ideas?

Bill G.
Ottawa
Bill Gass
New Brunswick

Excal Matrix G340

former Excal Ibex owner
(sold to a new crossbow hunter, the tradition continues!)
ko4nrbs

Re: Twlight DLX Scope

Post by ko4nrbs »

A lot of the distributors will assemble a crossbow package to your liking. I would ask them.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

You need to buy from a pro shop ether in person or on line and have it shipped they can upgrade the scope for you.
I am not sure who that would be in Canada but I am sure you will get that answer soon as more chime in.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

how much heavier is the dlx compared hawke sr 1.5x5x32 ? im noticing poor light
in the shaded areas before dark to the point were I would not take the shot with the hawke.
BillG

Post by BillG »

I've got the Shadow Zone scope on my Excal Ibex, if I'm upgrading my crossbow I want an upgrade on my scope as well and the Dead Zone is not an upgrade on my current scope. I want the 44mm objective lens for maximum light gathering capabilities. I'm not sure as to the difference in weight but I'd say it's not much, I hunt out of a ground blind mainly so weight is not a concern for me.
Bill Gass
New Brunswick

Excal Matrix G340

former Excal Ibex owner
(sold to a new crossbow hunter, the tradition continues!)
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

I upgraded my Tactzone to the Twilight DLX by contacting Excalibur. I think it was Dawn? You send in the Tactzone and she will ship you a DLX I think it was $75 to do the upgrade if I am not mistaken.
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Check Woodys Sporting Goods in Pennsylvania and don’t forget Danny Miller in Ohio both will take care of you and build you any bow you’ll want.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
USAF Ret in Wis

Post by USAF Ret in Wis »

Recommend you contact Dave at Wyvern Creations.

www.wyverncreations.com

Great man, and crazy helpful.
Craig
US Air Force 1984-2007
Excalibur Assassin
Scorpyd Orion 135
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I just replaced my twighlight on my 380 with a tact zone. It’s a great scope just to big for my likings. For hunting purposes the glass on my tact zone is just as good as my Hawke or Twighlight. I’m not shooting at an animal past 50yds so I don’t need aiming points out to a hundred.
The Twighlight is a great scope don’t get me wrong...just to damn big in my opinion.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

georgiaboy wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:54 am
I just replaced my twighlight on my 380 with a tact zone. It’s a great scope just to big for my likings. For hunting purposes the glass on my tact zone is just as good as my Hawke or Twighlight. I’m not shooting at an animal past 50yds so I don’t need aiming points out to a hundred.
The Twighlight is a great scope don’t get me wrong...just to damn big in my opinion.
Big, yes... but to me the difference is way better. Tact zone felt cheap, was dark and was hard to get a clear field of view without a dark crescent moon in the sight picture. The Twilight is so much clearer. But to each his own...