New string till issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sirwill

New string till issue

Post by sirwill »

After installing "new limbs" on my Micro 335, the new string is now offset/till by about 32nd" to 1/16" on one side... I have tried everything, maybe its not a big deal but this is a first for me... I have never had this issue before on other Excalibur's... Any tips would be great. Thank you
janesy

Re: New string till issue

Post by janesy »

Is the tiller our by 1/16 ?
Or the serving out by 1/16.

Either way, unless it was flinging arrows in all directions, I would never have even measured lol.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I just eye ball the gap from the string stops to the string. If it looks close I carry on!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

More than likely a non issue but pictures would be very helpful.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Good points and thanks... I took the rubber/bumpers REDS off, measured the string cap to the base of the metal REDS arm... I will shoot some arrows when the weather breaks and see how it shoots.
janesy

Post by janesy »

sirwill wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:33 pm
Good points and thanks... I took the rubber/bumpers REDS off, measured the string cap to the base of the metal REDS arm... I will shoot some arrows when the weather breaks and see how it shoots.
Ok, that not a tiller issue. Tiller in theory is the measurement from the nock location on the string to the limb tip, typically measured from the side of the rail. Tiller when measure both cocked and uncocked, should be even on both sides. Indicating that the arrow is traveling in a perfectly straight line. No bow has a perfectly straight line.

You'll be perfectly fine. String up and shoot away!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Sounds great and thank you for the needed info... You guys are great.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I think you are fine, but you could swap limbs right for left and see if the tiller issue swaps as well. I don't think it is enough to worry about. Shooting as has been said is the easy way to tell.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

X2
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Little Vixen 2 has been off 1 /8 since day one and probably shoots more accurate than all of my bows. Forgedaboutit.....its not an issue. I worried about it to for a little bit till others told me to not worry.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:07 pm
Little Vixen 2 has been off 1 /8 since day one and probably shoots more accurate than all of my bows. Forgedaboutit.....its not an issue. I worried about it to for a little bit till others told me to not worry.
I agree 100%....but if he is snowed in and wants to fiddle with his bow... 8)
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

Funny... We have been snowed-in and with record low temps in Northeastern Ohio... Maybe I should just read my novels. wiNk
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Screw the reading gotta tinker. I just built a bow board and now I'm working on a diamond plate battery box for my trailer batteries. :D
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That's what's nice about a simple crossbow .a limb swap takes about a half hour of you wanted. If it were a Barnett any other wheeled bow you would be worried about stretched strings as well.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sirwill

Post by sirwill »

First group shot, standing 20yrds... I'm impressed... A 1 1/2" group... After removing and installing new limbs and a fresh string, the Micro is driving a tight group... All hail Excalibur. \m/