Bulldog 440 trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drywallerdave1

Bulldog 440 trigger

Post by drywallerdave1 »

How does the bulldog 440 trigger compare to the bulldog 400??? I have the 400 but the take up is the longest on any crossbow or gun I have ever owned. Seems like I squeeze forever before I finally engage the trigger. This annoys me enough for me to consider buying a new crossbow. Thanks
janesy

Re: Bulldog 440 trigger

Post by janesy »

Night and Day. The 440 uses the new trigger design. Which is available drop in for your 400 as well
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

In addition, the new trigger can be changed back and forth from a single to a double stage trigger.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

Thanks for the idea. 200.00 is much cheaper than 1400.00... I really like the bulldog 400. Except for the trigger.... I think I will try it out.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

drywallerdave1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm
How does the bulldog 440 trigger compare to the bulldog 400??? I have the 400 but the take up is the longest on any crossbow or gun I have ever owned. Seems like I squeeze forever before I finally engage the trigger. This annoys me enough for me to consider buying a new crossbow. Thanks
bulldog 400 has a transfer bar that goes from lever to base of trigger housing the play is in the bolt holes in the bar. while back I sent complete
bow to port huron bow came back the same. what I see is its like the older 2 stage triggertech and I have gotten use to it. as far as putting the new pro trigger in you will still have the same play. only way its going away is with a tighter machined transfer bar. in fact I had a single
stage triggertech and I put factory trigger back in. I have the bow apart and I can take a picture of the bar no way to post on here but I could email a picture .

( while its apart im going to make a tighter bar originals a stamped plate)
janesy

Post by janesy »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:39 pm
drywallerdave1 wrote:
bulldog 400 has a transfer bar that goes from lever to base of trigger housing the play is in the bolt holes in the bar. while back I sent complete
bow to port huron bow came back the same. what I see is its like the older 2 stage triggertech and I have gotten use to it. as far as putting the new pro trigger in you will still have the same play. only way its going away is with a tighter machined transfer bar. in fact I had a single
stage triggertech and I put factory trigger back in. I have the bow apart and I can take a picture of the bar no way to post on here but I could email a picture .

The new ACP in 2 stage setting will eliminate all of that . None on my linkages show the same movement, but maybe earlier models did I suppose
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

mine is earlier model I dont believe its from heavy use. im going take it apart and look at the holes if there worn I will see if I can get a
new one from Excalibur. buy the new trigger would be nice :thumbup:
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I sent you my email. Any way to fix this problem would be great. THANKYOU!!
otisbrazwell wrote:
drywallerdave1 wrote:

otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:49 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:
drywallerdave1 wrote:

The new ACP in 2 stage setting will eliminate all of that . None on my linkages show the same movement, but maybe earlier models did I suppose
i just took it apart and the holes are egg shaped so it looks like i will call dawn monday and see if i can buy those parts :eusa-popcorn:
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:57 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:49 pm
otisbrazwell wrote:

i just took it apart and the holes are egg shaped so it looks like i will call dawn monday and see if i can buy those parts :eusa-popcorn:
I sent you my email. Any suggestions on how to fix the very long take up in the trigger would be great. Or how to fix it. THANKYOU
janesy

Post by janesy »

A delrin bushing would be nice. Smooth in all weather and last forever.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm
10-4 on that. hope fully I can buy those parts .
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm
10-4 on that. hope fully I can buy those parts .
some one makes that piece custom aftermarket with a bushing they will get rich because if you shoot some it will need replacing. I just lived with it. my bow was preowned from a member and was shot enough that when I got it the speed was 367fps (104 limbs)
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

got new parts coming sooooooooooo it looks like the new pro trigger is in order :eusa-dance:
janesy

Post by janesy »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm
got new parts coming sooooooooooo it looks like the new pro trigger is in order :eusa-dance:
It's one product that I'm fully confident in telling you that you will be impressed.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme