OT: OK WINTER...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: OT: OK WINTER...

Post by janesy »

grouse wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm

I went to the Maple Leafs vs Blues game the other night here in St. Louis,and chatted with some people who came from Toronto to see the game (sorry about the result, Leafs fans, but your team is a good one). They said that they had had very little snow this year in Toronto. The really interesting thing they said is that it was cheaper for them to travel to St. Louis to see the Leafs play than to see them in Toronto! It was sleeting heavily when we drove home from the game, so Toronto fans got to see some wintery precipitation while they were here.
Yep Crazy. Normal folks can't afford to go to Leaf games anymore. Then again, normal folks don't go to Toronto anymore either(just kidding :lol: ) Safe to say that average seats, dinner and parking for 2 is $1000 minimum.
I used to get 4 tickets to take customers out fairly often from suppliers. Now never.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Winter is really starting to piss me off. i'm trying to keep my camp road open so i can tap maple trees next month. i'm 2 miles off of blacktop and it's getting challenging in a coupla places. sugar snow on top of ice isn't helping. anyway i stuck my truck n plow going up a hill. called a neighbor n he pulled me out. i closed up camp n started home. my neighbor was backing up to a turnaround (his tires couldn't get him up that hill) n slid off the road by a swamp. i pulled him out 4 or 5 times but each time he backed out he slid off the road again. then i stuck my truck trying to get him out. luckily caught another neighbor (everybody on our road was at camp shoveling their roofs) and this one has a 1 ton truck n 9'2" plow. took some time and some yooper engineering but he got us out. we paid him for his efforts and hired him to widen out our road so that we can have a sugar season this year. on a related note, just because u have a tab on ur boots that says "gortex," it doesn't guarantee that ur boots are waterproof!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

More it snows the more I work! We have Tons :lol: had to shovel the house roof and there was close to 3 feet or more on the roof
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

grouse wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm
wheelie wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Just something wrong with going to play hockey with shorts and a tee shirt on. :lol:
I went to the Maple Leafs vs Blues game the other night here in St. Louis,and chatted with some people who came from Toronto to see the game (sorry about the result, Leafs fans, but your team is a good one). They said that they had had very little snow this year in Toronto. The really interesting thing they said is that it was cheaper for them to travel to St. Louis to see the Leafs play than to see them in Toronto! It was sleeting heavily when we drove home from the game, so Toronto fans got to see some wintery precipitation while they were here.
Yes very little snow this winter. I am able to shoot into attic all winter and not worry about ICE Dams on my roof. My Arcade Upstairs. Spend a lot of time playing my arcade games. :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Snow on the roof my pellet gun range in tool room only, goes down to 12 feet. :(

elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

We are getting winter here in Az. Snow dropping all over the state. Even in the deserts right outside Phoenix.

Freinds on vacation got dumped on down by Tucson. They're from n. Wisc. --they're like we didn't bring winter clothes. Lol
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

Spent yesterday at home shoveling my roof & busting up ice dams. Big storm today. Wonderful.
My neighbor's son at camp brought in a dozer yesterday to move the snow & widen things out cuz the guy with the 1 ton was having doubts. will head up next week & see if i can keep the road maintained with my 1500.
Winter end any time now. I surrender.
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boy you folks up north have it rough,
all we have here is rain , rain, and more rain..... :(
guess its gooder than snow, :thumbup:

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

winter is what it is and the more we let it get on our nerves the longer and/or worse it seems to be, no use dwelling on the things we cannot change. look at the bright side and each day that passes gets us closer to spring :thumbup: :)
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife