What's your take

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

Re: What's your take

Post by artifact »

Look for a nice 600 or 660 Remington Magnum in 6,5 Rem. Mag. to add to the collection, the gun may be easier to find than the ammo!
I have enough calibers to cover anything I would want to hunt, seems like the latest and greatest calibers won't do any more than the old standard calibers that have been around for years as has been mentioned already.

DuckHunt [/quote]
Then I remember that I already have three deer rifles and have a hard enough time getting all of them to the woods each season. Adding another certainly won't help that situation. Especially since I'd rather be hunting with my crossbow or muzzleloader anyway.
Sounds like a good reason to get a 440. :lol: DuckHunt [/quote]

Only 3 :lol: ! I know the feeling, I have never hunted with some of my deer rifles that I bought used, then there are a few that are NIB! :eusa-doh:
I stopped that nonsense quite awhile ago and now only buy what I NEED!
Getting to the point that "IF" I get a buck with the crossbow, and "IF" I fill my doe tags with the muzzle loader, the deer rifles would never get used.

Just some food for thought!!!!
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I just wanna come over and drool at your collection!! LOL!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Species8472 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
That's not the end of the world but than I got thinking maybe a 440 instead? It's that against a 6.5 CM in a Tikka CTR.
And here I thought you wanted a dodge charger with a 440? :crazy:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
SEW

Post by SEW »

paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm
Hmmmmmm :eusa-think: tough decision. I'd be more inclined on the crossbow....nooo rifle. Then again, that 440 looks like a lot of fun, tonnes of speed and power, all the new upgrades. Butttt, that 6.5 is supposed to be super sweet. Cheap ammo, crazy accuracy, lots of fun. :eusa-think: I'm afraid I'm not being much help. I have a terrible time with decisions like this. That's why I say, why choose? :eusa-naughty:....buy both! :thumbup: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-popcorn: :wink:

Paul
Paul,
I “need” you to buy a BD440.
Steve
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Thanks for all the feedback. I think i am leaning towards the 440. As for the suggestions to take a trip - i more or less have that covered with another tradition/rule. Can you tell i have some OCD tendencies? Generally i aspire to visit 2 or 3 new countries per year with my wife. Sorta of lost count but somewhere north of 50 countries to date. I try to get off the beaten path. In April we are headed to Morocco to climb and kayak in the High Atlas. This will be followed by a week on camel back in the Sahara.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

SEW wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm
Hmmmmmm :eusa-think: tough decision. I'd be more inclined on the crossbow....nooo rifle. Then again, that 440 looks like a lot of fun, tonnes of speed and power, all the new upgrades. Butttt, that 6.5 is supposed to be super sweet. Cheap ammo, crazy accuracy, lots of fun. :eusa-think: I'm afraid I'm not being much help. I have a terrible time with decisions like this. That's why I say, why choose? :eusa-naughty:....buy both! :thumbup: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-popcorn: :wink:

Paul
Paul,
Steve
:eusa-think: :eusa-snooty: :eusa-naughty: :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

SEW wrote:
... Paul,
I firmly second that motion!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

IronNoggin wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:26 pm
SEW wrote:
... Paul,
I firmly second that motion!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
It's good you don't live any closer to me Matt....you're a bad influence!!! :angel:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm
It's good you don't live any closer to me Matt....you're a bad influence!!! :angel:
Simply looking after your Better Interests here Buddy!! :D

You absolutely know you can count on me for that!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Joe, after reviewing the pics of your thumb, from a few years ago,I think that the 440 might finish the job that the 405 only started. Still makes me about I’ll to look st that.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:54 pm
Joe, after reviewing the pics of your thumb, from a few years ago,I think that the 440 might finish the job that the 405 only started. Still makes me about I’ll to look st that.
Well i am guessing that's why God gave me two. :lol: :lol:
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend