$20.00 Force 10 strings for Greyson

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

$20.00 Force 10 strings for Greyson

Post by Boo »

This offer is no longer available.
For a limited time, I am offering a 30 strand Force 10 Flemish string, inclusive of shipping for $20.00. I have Force 10 in black, red, silver, flo yellow, flo green, brown and blue. Servings can be anywhere between 3" and 5.25"(more if you really want). The string will be made with typical brace height in mind which is 1\4" from the bumpers on a Matrix or Micro and 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe on a Bulldog. Along with the string, you'll get a small tube of string lube.

To get a Force 10 string donate $20.00 to https://www.gofundme.com/emily-archambault-amp-baby-greyson/donate Then follow up with an email to Dennis Archambault at [email protected]. In that email tell Dennis what 2 colours you want and the serving length as well as your shipping info. Edit the subject line to say Boo Force 10 string. This does not enter you into the contest to win the 360TD.

Dennis will then forward your email to me so that build a string and mail it to you.

These are great strings! In about 15 shots my Force 10 strings will stop elongating and will become very stable. Most guys have to adjust once more within a year and not adjustments after that. The turn around times will depend on how many orders I get. I no longer have a backlog of orders so they will be done in a reasonable amount of time (a day to a few days).

Purchasers have an opportunity to help the newborn grandson of one of our brothers as well as get a great string at a really low price.
Last edited by Boo on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
RobD

Re: $20.00 Force 10 strings for Greyson

Post by RobD »

This is an awesome offer for a great cause. :thumbup: We need some gold star smilies. I assume we can order two (or more)? I was thinking of trying out a matching primary/spare for my BD400.

One question: I checked your website (http://www.boocustomstrings.com/prices.html), and is 4" still the recommended serving length? Early in the page you say 5.25", then further down you say 4" is normal. This is something I haven't learned what is best yet, I've got the DrS bumpers on mine.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Boo

Post by Boo »

RobD wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 am
This is an awesome offer for a great cause. :thumbup: We need some gold star smilies. I assume we can order two (or more)? I was thinking of trying out a matching primary/spare for my BD400.

One question: I checked your website (http://www.boocustomstrings.com/prices.html), and is 4" still the recommended serving length? Early in the page you say 5.25", then further down you say 4" is normal. This is something I haven't learned what is best yet, I've got the DrS bumpers on mine.
Yes you can order 2 or more and it's best you order as many as you might need. The price will go back up to $35.00 inclusive of shipping when I've hand enough orders.
The serving length is really up to you. If a serving length isn't specified I make it 5.25". I feel that the bit of serving overlap takes the initial force and the rest of the impact isn't nearly as bad. You do loose a tiny bit of speed when compared to shorter servings. Also, I haven't had an issue with a 3" serving separating. I think if you want to conserve a few ft/sec, go for 3" and if you want the most protection and not have a grotesque loss of speed then go 5.25". I call four inches normal as in that is what the length of the stock strings.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Thanks Don, just ordered 2. Hopefully the 2" brace height is what is best with DrS bumpers. Gaston says to have the string touch his bumpers, Excal says to have a 2" brace height. :? I just got the bow, so I haven't shot it enough to know the "right" way. I'll defer to your experience, change my order as you see fit.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

Boo

Post by Boo »

RobD wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:08 pm
Thanks Don, just ordered 2. Hopefully the 2" brace height is what is best with DrS bumpers. Gaston says to have the string touch his bumpers, Excal says to have a 2" brace height. :? I just got the bow, so I haven't shot it enough to know the "right" way. I'll defer to your experience, change my order as you see fit.
Where you want your brace height when using the DrStirrup bumpers depends on if you are looking to lower noise or if you want the most speed.

The most speed comes when the string is 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe and the benefit to having the DrStirrup bumpers is longevity.

The lowest noise is when the string touches or almost touches the DrStirrup bumper.

Either way, we aren't talking about a large amount of noise reduction and we aren't talking about a lot of speed. A string that is made for a low brace height can be twisted up to a high brace height but looks like it has lots of twists (and it does). We can talk about this more when I get the order if you'd like.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hi Don,
Would you send to Germany? I would pay for shipping!
Dominic :wave:
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dominic wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:38 pm
Hi Don,
Would you send to Germany? I would pay for shipping!
Dominic :wave:
Yep! You bet!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Awesome Don!! :thumbup:

I will of course get in on this most generous offer!
Before I do, let me know how much extra to toss in for the usual cat whiskers please & thanks!

Cheers!
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:17 pm
Awesome Don!! :thumbup:

I will of course get in on this most generous offer!
Before I do, let me know how much extra to toss in for the usual cat whiskers please & thanks!

Cheers!
Matt
In this situation, $10.00 to be donated to the fund.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Boo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:04 pm
We can talk about this more when I get the order if you'd like.
Okay, let me know when you get to my order of 2 strings.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Boo, I've sent you several emails for strings. I hope you are getting them. Let me know if you're not.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Boo

Post by Boo »

UPSMAN wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:11 pm
Boo, I've sent you several emails for strings. I hope you are getting them. Let me know if you're not.
Dennis, I received 4 orders for 8 strings total. Paul, William, Rob and Dominic. If there's more, send me a text and we will sort it out.
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

Thanks Don just order 2
Glad to help
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Hi Don

Thank you for doing this!

Donation Sent and email sent to Dennis..

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 am
Hi Don

Thank you for doing this!

Donation Sent and email sent to Dennis..

Jeff
Jeff, you've had a couple Force 10 strings. Can you characterize them for the others to know what they might buy? Anyone else using one of my Force 10 strings are welcome to tell the others what they're like.

There are 12 strings ordered in 3 short days. Keep them coming, this offer has a shelf life and it might end soon! I am supplying the materials, time, postage, wax and packaging so I won't be able to do this for ever.