Bluetooth nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Bluetooth nocks

Post by ihunt »

Not that I'm interested in buying this product quite happy with my Lumenoks but I like to know what are your thoughts on this Bluetooth nocks.

Here's the link to see it:

https://breadcrumbtech.com/bluetooth-nock/

Have you heard about this product? So what do you think? Would you buy or pass?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Re: Bluetooth nocks

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Maybe you could post a pic of them :wave: :roll:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

to technical for this guy and quite pricey. ill stick with the lumenocks and keep things simple
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Crazy! Forty-five freaking dollars each? I would cry if I lost one! I'm pretty much with Jeff, too techi and too expensive. A fool and his money are................... :wave:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Boo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:55 am
Crazy! Forty-five freaking dollars each? I would cry if I lost one! I'm pretty much with Jeff, too techi and too expensive. A fool and his money are................... :wave:

Yeah and that's in US dollars!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am
to technical for this guy and quite pricey. ill stick with the lumenocks and keep things simple
As I said I'm quite happy with my lumenocks :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
janesy

Post by janesy »

As Newbie mentioned at ATA, you'd HAVE to find the arrow just to get the $45 Bluetooth gadget back.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Like the concept if the detection range (100's of meters)( Direction) is adequate and also to within point location accuracy.(Inches)
May be a mute point however when it comes to tracking wounded or down game if you have pass thru shot which most excalibur crossbows are capable of .
Also only helpful to find an arrow that defects or is buried under debris if the bluetooth sensitivity can zero in to within pin point location accuracy.
(inches versus general area )
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

So the price is the killer? Otherwise bluetooth could be a good thing?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

It's progress. And not every progress was welcomed in its beginning.
As for price it will come down when everybody starts making them.
Lighted nocks are good (it was a progress at one time, pretty much norm now), but not very helpful when buried in a foot of snow. Happened to me few times. Bluetooth should be better for that purpose.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I'd have two problems with them in addition to price. The .300 ID version weighs 40 grains. That 44% more than a Lumenok at ~28 grains. Any weight added to the nock end of an arrow negatively impacts FOC. This could impact your accuracy depending on your arrow setup.

Second, unlike with a Lumenok, it appears that you have to 'turn on' the nock before you load it. So the entire time you are hunting the nock is on. It doesn't activate until fired, but it has to be on to activate. If you forget to turn it on, its just a very pricey nock that you'll be sending downrange. The batteries are supposed to last 35 hours. Is that 35 hours once activated, or 35 hours of ON time? What type of drain is there prior to launch? If you hunt 4-5 hours per sit, you'll eventually add up to 35 hours without ever firing the arrow. How long do the batteries last if you forget to turn it off?

Then I wonder how durable they are. I've had lumenoks turn off after hitting a tree because of the bounce back. Will they survive and function after a hard impact? I've had lumenoks survive an impact that has shattered an arrow into multiple pieces. That's only possible because they don't have any sensitive electronics. Maybe these will as well, but I'd like to see it for the price.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

Maybe in 5-10 years they will get the price down and then the market might be able to support a product like this. Until then I don't see them flying off the shelf. Great concept though; I have two bolts in the woods I never could find.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

PublicLandHunter1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:06 pm
Maybe in 5-10 years they will get the price down and then the market might be able to support a product like this. Until then I don't see them flying off the shelf. Great concept though; I have two bolts in the woods I never could find.

Fazan wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 pm
It's progress. And not every progress was welcomed in its beginning.
As for price it will come down when everybody starts making them.
Lighted nocks are good (it was a progress at one time, pretty much norm now), but not very helpful when buried in a foot of snow. Happened to me few times. Bluetooth should be better for that purpose.
It happened to me killed my deer the bolt was a pass thru and got buried the lumenocks did light up but under all that dirt leaves etc couldn't see it.
Last edited by ihunt on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:11 pm
I'd have two problems with them in addition to price. The .300 ID version weighs 40 grains. That 44% more than a Lumenok at ~28 grains. Any weight added to the nock end of an arrow negatively impacts FOC. This could impact your accuracy depending on your arrow setup.

Second, unlike with a Lumenok, it appears that you have to 'turn on' the nock before you load it. So the entire time you are hunting the nock is on. It doesn't activate until fired, but it has to be on to activate. If you forget to turn it on, its just a very pricey nock that you'll be sending downrange. The batteries are supposed to last 35 hours. Is that 35 hours once activated, or 35 hours of ON time? What type of drain is there prior to launch? If you hunt 4-5 hours per sit, you'll eventually add up to 35 hours without ever firing the arrow. How long do the batteries last if you forget to turn it off?

Then I wonder how durable they are. I've had lumenoks turn off after hitting a tree because of the bounce back. Will they survive and function after a hard impact? I've had lumenoks survive an impact that has shattered an arrow into multiple pieces. That's only possible because they don't have any sensitive electronics. Maybe these will as well, but I'd like to see it for the price.

DuckHunt
You brought up some really good points, things I haven't really thought up of. :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

Post by newbie »

I used to use luminoks but cringed when i lost an arrow with them.... i would cry if i lost one of these things.
Funny since i stopped using luminoks i havent lost an arrow. :crazy: Go figure they always end up right where i shot.
Bluetooth has a very limited range so i don't see these working very well.
Where is jeff he should buy these wirh his 420 me thinks.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!