nap gobbler getters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

nap gobbler getters

Post by hunter with MS »

Has anyone used the nap gobbler getter ?
longbow joe

Re: nap gobbler getters

Post by longbow joe »

Just a dull point spitfire max. I killed about 30 turkeys with the max. Only lost one to a bad hit. Honestly l dont think the dull point matters a whole lot. You can buy a four pack of regular spit max at dicks for 39 bucks in the fall. ...hard to beat. This year I'm going to use the dead ringer super freak just for the heck of it .l got a steal on 8 packs of them b-52s but the spit max is a great choice for sure.
Nothing against them but l have never had the need for
The "head chopper" types any super wide broadhead will kill a turkey without having all the hassle to reslight the crossbow or a special longer bolt. Plus a longbeard with a head chopped off takes a bad photo. Lol. I killed a few coyotes spring turkey hunting past years another down for the head choppers and the need to change a bolt in a hurry.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

right now I am using the x act just looking for thoughts .
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Magnus Bullheads! No tracking required! :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Jeff l never tracked a Turkey with a spit max .A couple maby made it 20 yards wasn't a big deal.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I don't undrstand the dull point either and yes those heads seem to be the same just take out the small blade in the front. As fas not needing a head chopper I'll just say after many kills with regular heads I lost 2 to bad hits and had to chase down a few. I switched to bullheads and haven't had one go more than 10 feet since then. I also have my compound and crossbow set up so the point of impact out to 20 yards for both is maybe out 1/2 inch. So I can just put in a regular head and shoot if required. I watched a bunch of turkey bowhunts on youtube and in my opinion they all should switch to head choppers lol way too amny lost birds !!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

The object of the dull head is you don't want the broadhead to go all the way thru , I don't agree with that at all. I have shot many turkeys with a bow ,my first was a 26# er with a homemade recurve with a simmons shark . shot a few with NAP's FOC they went a little ways and then I switched to the Magnus Bull Heads and that's is as far as I go you have a larger target and about 6" of leeway a win win for me. they don't go anywhere buy down . what I am trying to say any broadhead will work it you place it right. When a turkey is all fluffed up there is a lot of air around his feathers ,so a head shot is for me . LBJ has a good point also.
W.M.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I gotta get moving on dialing my Magnus heads in.

Hmm what bow should I use! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Got my micro and my apa sighted headed to Kansas in a few days. My buddy just sent me pics of the birds his son anf he shot yesterday dang I'm usually there right now too hope he don't twack em all before i get there !
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I found the slower the bow the more accurate it is I also use a spinning insert because I chose the 125 3" cutting surface the 100 is just as effective but is a inch smaller it works with most crossbows.
W.M.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I do not use anything different for turkeys than I do for deer . My deer set up is a 2219 aluminum , with a slick trick x bow trick 4 blade fixed blade, I have taken at least 5 birds with it and all just flopped around a few seconds andthat was it , none went more than 10 yards when hit at the base of the wing.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I gotta get moving on dialing my Magnus heads in.

Hmm what bow should I use! Lol
Me too. I have to sight in everything. All new gear for 2019 seasons.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme