Nuisance Deer I’ll Be doing my part this Fall

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Nuisance Deer I’ll Be doing my part this Fall

Post by Stepnoutnb »

This target is sitting 40 feet from my house. The house is to the left. Every day I have at least 5 does browsing right there where the target sits. We have TOO many nuisance deer in our area. I live in a city but can walk across the road and walk 1-10 miles and not hit a single road. Parts of the city and suburbs have so many deer they give out nuisance doe tags.

I used to have a garden for 25 years until 12 years ago in July I went out one Saturday morning and there was 6 small bucks destroying it :thumbdown: . I yelled at them they never moved. I had to bring out the blank gun to chase them. For 4 years after that I would have 15-23 deer winter in on my lawn during February and March. :eusa-hand: I’ll post a YouTube video later today.
Last year I didn’t see much deer activity in the spring so I decided it was time to try my garden again. Getting ready to semi retire this December. I swear as soon as my string beans got up to a foot the deer showed up :eusa-deadhorse:. I got one feed of string beans. The deer got the rest. Last weekend I spent $500 on electric fencing and now waiting for the rain to stop.
In conclusion I’m applying for a doe tag to do my part in deer control. Being semi retired I’m looking forward to some nice deer loin on the BBQ, sausages we also bottle in the pressure cooker. The bottled deer meat we mis with pork, garlic and onions makes a great stew on a cold winters day Mmm.
Sorry for the ramble.
Last edited by Stepnoutnb on Sun May 26, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normous

Re: Nuisance Deer I’ll doing my part this Fall

Post by Normous »

Perhaps you can convince each neighbour to apply for the same doe tag and in return feed your neighbors some high protein like sustaining venison.:mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Stepnoutnb

Re: Nuisance Deer I’ll doing my part this Fall

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Here is a link from 2008 only 14 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNmFckTfae4&feature=youtu.be
Boo

Re: Nuisance Deer I’ll Be doing my part this Fall

Post by Boo »

Have you considered shooting the deer with a rubber blunt? That should educate them!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Boo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Have you considered shooting the deer with a rubber blunt? That should educate them!
No I never thought about that. They travel through 24/7. They wait until I go to work or sleep lol. I have been thinking of using the Bolt Cutter :evil:
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

If you live in the “city”, but can walk one way for ten miles without hitting another road, you must be in Canada. Ain’t no cities like that in the lower 48!

A fence around the garden works. If you hang burlap on it or make it opaque some other way, it only needs to be five foot high. Deer won’t jump over a fence if they can’t see what’s on the other side.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

nchunter wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm
If you live in the “city”, but can walk one way for ten miles without hitting another road, you must be in Canada. Ain’t no cities like that in the lower 48!

A fence around the garden works. If you hang burlap on it or make it opaque some other way, it only needs to be five foot high. Deer won’t jump over a fence if they can’t see what’s on the other side.
Lol yes Canada. The woods are so thick across the road seeing more than 20 yards would be amazing. In some spots you can see more but not often
janesy

Post by janesy »

NB is Canada's best kept secret. World class fisheries, true wilderness off every highway exit. Scenery, Hospitality, good food and good beer!
Spend 8 or 10 days there a few years back and absolutely fell in love. Stayed with locals, skipped the tourist stuff and got to see the real province. Or a small portion of it at least.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:17 pm
nchunter wrote:

Lol yes Canada. The woods are so thick across the road seeing more than 20 yards would be amazing. In some spots you can see more but not often
Are you next to a white spruce stand?
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Blunts work great for nuisance animals. The wide cup Saunders is my go to for pesky bears that are interfering in my hunt or acting aggressively. I popped a belligerent beef bull in the forehead a few years back when when he started showing evil intentions upon me. I swear he went cross eyed when the blunt shaved his forehead. :lol: I hit a black bear in the rump with one when he wouldn't leave my deer bait alone with a bunch of bucks standing there watching him. I think he's still running.
Hank
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:10 pm
NB is Canada's best kept secret. World class fisheries, true wilderness off every highway exit. Scenery, Hospitality, good food and good beer!
Spend 8 or 10 days there a few years back and absolutely fell in love. Stayed with locals, skipped the tourist stuff and got to see the real province. Or a small portion of it at least.
Totally no fish here :crazy:
Boo

Post by Boo »

That's not fair! :eusa-naughty:
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Boo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:17 pm
nchunter wrote:

Are you next to a white spruce stand?
Looks like I lied I can only walk 9.11 miles in a straight line without crossing a road. The forest is spruce, fur, cedar maple, birch etc, Just very poor ground, swampy, rock. lots of moose though. The deer are more around the city. Going away from the coast just a few miles the land and forest opens up.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

nchunter wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion on the burlap. Check out my post above, I checked on Google earth I can only walk 9.11 miles in a strait line but it would likely be really 15 having to walk around all the swamps and lakes lol. I'm in New Brunswick Many roads you can drive 30 or more miles and not see a hydro pole. We also don't have Broadway, 2 hour traffic jams, etc, etc. lol. We do have ridiculous TAXES! :eusa-deadhorse:
Montana Mark

Post by Montana Mark »

Did you say nuisance Beer? I’ll chip in and do my part too.
Matrix Sapphire 325 (forward riser)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #1)
Matrix Grizzly (for son #2)