2019 wisc. Elk applications

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

elkaholic

2019 wisc. Elk applications

Post by elkaholic »

Deadline may 31 guys. Only 5 tags but for 10$ i. I'd be donating. Somebody's going hunting elk.
Carnivorous

Re: 2019 wisc. Elk applications

Post by Carnivorous »

About the same odds for Ontario Moose tags but to get in the draw is around fifty bucks!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

I put in for the New Brunswick moose draw last night. $9.55. The more years you apply and do not get drawn your odds go up. They actually put in more ballots into the draw under your name. I’m have 9 ballots. Here is a link.
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/nr-rn/pdf/en/Wildlife/E-LicenceResidentMooseDrawEN.pdf
janesy

Post by janesy »

56 and change after tax in Ontario, just did it last night. But that includes a Calf tag.

I'm assuming if you draw a bull, you have to purchase a tag/seal before the hunt?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm
I put in for the New Brunswick moose draw last night. $9.55. The more years you apply and do not get drawn your odds go up. They actually put in more ballots into the draw under your name. I’m have 9 ballots. Here is a link.
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/nr-rn/pdf/en/Wildlife/E-LicenceResidentMooseDrawEN.pdf
Ok, I see now. So you pay $9.55 just to enter the draw. Then you pay a fee based on where you fit in the list. Below is a screen shot from the NB regs.
In ON, we pay $56 for the tag, then it's free to enter the draw. So yours is more like our controlled deer hunt... You can enter the draw(for free) but if you draw a validation, then you have to buy a tag before the hunt. So if you don't draw, you aren't stuck with a tag you can't use.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:27 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm
Ok, I see now. So you pay $9.55 just to enter the draw. Then you pay a fee based on where you fit in the list. Below is a screen shot from the NB regs.
In ON, we pay $56 for the tag, then it's free to enter the draw. So yours is more like our controlled deer hunt... You can enter the draw(for free) but if you draw a validation, then you have to buy a tag before the hunt. So if you don't draw, you aren't stuck with a tag you can't use.
It will cost me $9.55 to enter the draw. If I am drawn my license will cost $72.00. I am 62 but residents 65 or older pay for the draw and $37.00 for the license. You are correct we only pay $9.55 to enter. And if drawn will pay the license fee. I don’t think you pay if you refuse the license but you start at the bottom of the draw ballots again.
I have a 30-06 just waiting for such an event.