Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
jdmax

Re: 2 blade broadheads

Post by jdmax »

About all I use is Simmons. Tree shark mainly. It's huge,but flies great. It's 2 1/16"wide. I have used this head with an axiom, vortex, and matrix 355. Shooting a spine indexed zombie with aluminum nock, gold tip series 22 aluminum insert and 4" feathers, it will consistently shoot 2" groups at 40 yards. Always a complete pass through. I have taken approximately 30 deer with this setup and am always amazed. 2 of those deer got the opposite side leg cut off. Just get the best arrow and align all broadheads the same and it's no problem.

JDMAX
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I've shot Trauma 2 blade and shwackers. Both worked fine.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i have tried rage 2 blade a bunch of years ago and was not impressed and very unhappy :thumbdown: i gave them away to a friend to try his luck with them, i think he uses ramcats nowadays
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have killed a Ton of deer with the longbow and Simmons tree shark l love them heads.
Lately l have basically "moderinized" and gone to the dead ringer super freak expandable. It has a even wider cut than the giant Simmons and flys exactly like a field point. With a brass insert the weight and momentum is basically the same as a tree shark .
I've just gotten lazy and tired l guess and the giant expandable is easy to use without any tuning. The main point is the same l love a Big wide cut also weather fixed or expandable . It is very thick were l hunt and want a big blood trail regardless of how its obtained. Big and wide is my goal also. In the same theory l loved the rothaar snuffer but the xact cut excalibur expandable is basically just as wide without the trajectory loss of the snuffer. As said ...lm getting lazy and tired.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

as usual there is a lot of great info here. and the response is fantastic. thanks much. but I should have clarified(my bad), I was referingto fixed blade. such as grizzly or tuff heads. Again I should have been more to the point. I have some shwakers that come with the micro 315 I bought this spring, and 2 bolt cutters left for my matrix 380. gonna have to get some illuminated nods tho. But I was wandering about the heavier single bevel type.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If l was gonna shoot a fixed blade out of a crossbow. I think l would pick a magnus stinger and l would use the bleeders . Most use a 2 blade for increasing penetration you simply dont have penetration problems on deer sized game with a crossbow. Why limit your blood when you have penetration. If you shot a shwacker you know what l mean by blood trail
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 am
If l was gonna shoot a fixed blade out of a crossbow. I think l would pick a magnus stinger and l would use the bleeders . Most use a 2 blade for increasing penetration you simply dont have penetration problems on deer sized game with a crossbow. Why limit your blood when you have penetration. If you shot a shwacker you know what l mean by blood trail
That would be my choice as well. They are accurate and the blade material is hard and tough. You can get them in 85 to 150 grain weights. I used them in my compound bows and what attracted me was their life time warranty (don't know if they still warrant the broadheads since they were bought out).
Some people just like stepping on rakes
PublicLandHunter1

Post by PublicLandHunter1 »

I shoot Afflictor Broadheads, they are two blade with bleeders. They don’t like rocks though. I did however shoot one through both shoulders on a doe out of my M405.
BD400 with XV530IR scope, HHA Optimizer
Zombie 20 inch with lighted nocks
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Bulldog 380 HHA Optimizer with the XV530IR scope, Triggertech
Spinal Tapps- 18-inch
Afflictor Broadheads K2 125 grain
Normous

Post by Normous »

I agree and the Magnus 2 blade as well, a sure solid choice.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

jdmax wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 pm
About all I use is Simmons. Tree shark mainly. It's huge,but flies great. It's 2 1/16"wide. I have used this head with an axiom, vortex, and matrix 355. Shooting a spine indexed zombie with aluminum nock, gold tip series 22 aluminum insert and 4" feathers, it will consistently shoot 2" groups at 40 yards. Always a complete pass through. I have taken approximately 30 deer with this setup and am always amazed. 2 of those deer got the opposite side leg cut off. Just get the best arrow and align all broadheads the same and it's no problem.

JDMAX
Think you can post some pics? A buddy of mine used one with a recurve and I could get four fingers in the entry side. The exit was only 3 fingers wide.
The amount of blood was crazy. The only one that came close was from a big 160 grain Snuffer.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

FYI, Just to Mike and he assured me that he still owns Magnus and has no intentions of selling the company .
W.M.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

I use an oversized fixed blade, single bevel broadhead called the Centaur Battleaxe. (See photo in my avatar.).
I use Blazer vanes fletched at max LW helical, which matches the LEft-bevel of the broadhead. As improbable as it seems, the thing spins like a football and POI is same as my field points out to the 40 yards that I’ve tested it. Leaves a big old leak in the deer too!
NCHunter
Exocet 175 (modified)
600-grain Executioner arrows
Centaur Battle axe
(230-grain) broad heads