Love this Vixen II

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Love this Vixen II

Post by flinthead »

Man,,, I really love this little bow. Sighted in with a 100 grain point... super accurate!

It's driving the Firebolts deep into my 3D deer at 20 and 30 yards.

I've got several 100 gain broadheads ready to go for deer and hogs... I think I'll go with either the crossbow Swhackers or Grim Reaper's this year.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
LongCarbine

Re: Love this Vixen II

Post by LongCarbine »

Best shooting bow they made . Glad your happy with it.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I use a cabellas lazer strike 2 in my vixen .They require very little k/e to open and dont rob any power from the bow. If you look on shwacker website the vixen 2 simply does not have the k/e shwacker recommends at longer ranges.Another person on the forum has done really well on hogs with a small spitfire.Great bow just remember it doesn't have the massive energy as some of the others keep the broadhead on the smaller side. Maby a shwacker low pound would be a good choice.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/wtGJ1Tff]Image
I have not experienced a problem with penetration with the vixen 2 .Mine went all the way thru my swamp buck this year. I use a 110 insert and a 125 grain head for a little more energy. Dont be afraid of losing a little speed for the energy . Just saying to stay on the "smaller" side of the expandables and keep under 35 yards and that bow is as deadly as any other.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Another excellent head is the 150 gr slick trick 4 blade x bow fixed blade, I have taken dozens of deer with them, fly great, group great ,very tough, and you just replace the blades after a harvest and use again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slick-Trick-Crossbow-Fixed-blade-Broadhead-150-Grain-15STX150/232780740195?epid=710100439&hash=item3632d03663:g:QZUAAOSwCXJbBvQD
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yep
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I'll go along with you on a big boar hog... but for SC deer. The Vixen will shoot the Swhacker clean through and stick in the dirt.

I'll have some pics for you come August... 8)
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I started with a Vixen II but sold it a few years ago to trade up for my Vortex. Well last week I traded some goods for a new Vixen II! I will have it by the end of this week and am very excited waiting for it! It is the easiest cocking bow that Excalibur has ever made & very accurate out to 50 yds! I now have a Vortex and a Vixen II so I'm good till the end of my hunting career now! 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm working on my Phoenix project bow. I just put my boo trigger in it the other day and the scope.
This Phoenix is basically a bigger faster version of my favorite vixen 2 (Same stock)....l really cant wait to get it finished. Just taking my sweet time on it.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Cut rail on my Vixen down. Strait riser assembly is 90lbs. Change to second Hawke scope with rings already installed, forward riser assembly and in a couple minutes it is totally setup for 110lbs. Love the light powered bow. Shoot 90lbs in the house and bump up to 110lbs when out doors. Unfortunately I had to sell all my others crossbows due to wife's health so mini Vixen it is. Could not force myself into selling it. Kept all three Hawke scopes I bought from a friend on this forum a couple years ago. CHEERS!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Even at that you are still shooting on par with a good recurve or slower compound.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Got everything on my Vixen II now. It’s definitely one sweet cocking crossbow. Got her shooting 290fps with 400gn Spynal Tapp arrows with my Boo string!

Not bad at 30yds too!

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

B bowman great group. I see the foam on yer stock. With a small amount of grinding with a dremel or round file a excalibur cheekpiece from a matrix will fit a vixen . I done did it n like it a lot.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’m keeping it original. The pipe insulation fits perfect and it’s nice and warm during cold winter hunts!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Very nice shooting