Micro 355 ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowhunter10

Micro 355 ?

Post by xbowhunter10 »

Thinking of adding a Micro to my collection and I think I would prefer the 355 over the 335 . Can anyone who owns a 355 fill me in on them ? Also , how reliable are they compared to the 335 ? Thanks already guys .
janesy

Re: Micro 355 ?

Post by janesy »

You get all kinds of replies, but I'd suggest having owned both a couple times, you need to go shoot both. And decide.
It will come down to cocking effort as accuracy, hunting effectiveness and dependability are equal
Last edited by janesy on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:07 pm
You get all kinds of replies, but I'd suggest having owned bother a couple times, you need to go shoot both. And decide.
It will come down to cocking effort as accuracy, hunting effectiveness and dependability are equal
Yep!
I have owned both, and the 355 is a big bow to cock honestly, the 335 will do whatever you need for hunting, and your back will thank you. I use a crank on mine now, so it no longer really matters.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I have a micro 355 and love it. As mentioned earlier it is a beast to cock by hand. I have a 380 also and to me it’s harder than the 380. I bought the charger XT so now it’s a non issue with both. As with all Excalibur’s deadly accurate.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

I purchased the micro 355 this spring. I love it because it came with the C2 crank. I have a hard time cocking it without the crank. It is super accurate. It is light (I have never shot a crossbow before but many rifles and shotguns.) It is lighter than most of my firearms. As mentioned above it is a beast to cock.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

All the above advise is solid but I would give a strong consideration to the Mirco 360 take down , the take down makes the bow much nicer to trans port, the bow is very compact and plenty fast .
If i were to buy I would call Danny Miller and get a 360 take down, leave off the sound deadening stuff and get the built in crank and have what i fell is the best rig out their .
Lightweight, small , fast, easy to case , and a great handling bow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:16 pm
All the above advise is solid but I would give a strong consideration to the Mirco 360 take down , the take down makes the bow much nicer to trans port, the bow is very compact and plenty fast .
If i were to buy I would call Danny Miller and get a 360 take down, leave off the sound deadening stuff and get the built in crank and have what i fell is the best rig out their .
Lightweight, small , fast, easy to case , and a great handling bow.
x2
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I've had both and the 355 definitely is harder to cock. I had one of the Black Micro 335's and it would shoot 346 with the factory string with a 352 gr arrow. My son in law still has it and he has killed about 1/2 dozen deer with it. He really loves it. I have the Micro 355 now and I have the Charger xt crank and I love this one also. Either one you pick will be a good one for you.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads