Tick removal tool

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Tick removal tool

Post by Boo »

I haven't had a whole lot of ticks attach themselves to me but I've had enough to want a good tool to remove them. I thought the best I've ever used was the Tick Key but the Tick Twister is far, far better. Now anyone, even my wife can easily and very quickly remove embedded ticks!
https://www.otom.com/fr/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Re: Tick removal tool

Post by Hi5 »

Where I live we infrequently get ticks. I like the idea behind that device, though.

Do you think it could be redesigned as a scaled up model? Might it work to get rid of Trudeau?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am
Where I live we infrequently get ticks. I like the idea behind that device, though.

Do you think it could be redesigned as a scaled up model? Might it work to get rid of Trudeau?
A tool already exist, an election! :thumbup:
A scaled up model would be a crowbar to pry his butt off his throne! But.....I sure hope Scheer doesn't whip his MPs into the partly line and allow them to do what their constituents want them to do :eusa-naughty: Funny as it may seem, that is their job!
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

A bigger one for Trudeau would be nice ! LOL Good find Don ! I hate the darn thing and this year has been bad for them
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have used the Trix Tick Lasso for years. Works great and you can buy them in multi packs on Amazon.

Also, please refer to this old thread I posted last year with some good Tick resources in case you get bit.

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69138&p=672788&hilit=tick#p672788
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Thank you for the tip Boo mine came in the mail today these are cheep on e bay i got 2 double packs one to keep at home and one to keep in the glove box in case I am away.
These blood sucking vermin are expanding there range I have had them on me the last 3 years in a row and it was never a issue until recent times.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Boo, looks like a great tool to have handy!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mfh

Post by mfh »

That looks like a winner and similar to the one we use. Being in Virginia, I pull at least a dozen ticks a year (myself, kids, wife, dogs, visitors etc).

We have used "Pro Tick Remedy" for years. Cheap, small and like others - I have them in my pack, the trucks, the house and work.

Below is an article about ticks in general. You can readily buy them online with a google search and amazon.

https://tickinfo.com/protickremedy
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

We use a gunstock checking tool that looks just like that!
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

always thought twisting a tick was a no-no//was always taught to pull straight out or risk the head/mouth from separating and staying under the skin???
Boo

Post by Boo »

xpert1111 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:19 am
always thought twisting a tick was a no-no//was always taught to pull straight out or risk the head/mouth from separating and staying under the skin???
I had my reservations about that as well until I had my wife use the tool on a tick embedded in my back. It came out faster!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Just wet a rag with Hydrogen peroxide , they come loose in seconds and wipe them off... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup

Dave :D
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

papa bear1 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:30 pm
Just wet a rag with Hydrogen peroxide , they come loose in seconds and wipe them off... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup

I have heard this, but never tried it! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Prevention???

Hunt an area where ticks carrying Lymes is to be expected. Use to depend on tick removel tool after every outing.

Deer are covered thick with them which use to make skinning a deer out a sure bet to have a few close encounters.

However have not had one on me in two years since this stuff. :shh:

https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Permethrin-Clothing-Repellent-Aerosol/dp/B07CKH7W7T/ref=pd_sbs_468_5/130-3053162-0638433?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CKH7W7T&pd_rd_r=4e22f4aa-9f7e-11e9-b782-3df0ea6ee110&pd_rd_w=PNHvI&pd_rd_wg=82Wbb&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=HZJ8PX7NRJP66SYF9QY0&refRID=HZJ8PX7NRJP66SYF9QY0

Spray Boots and Pants. Let Fully Dry for a day . **** Tick free- Worry free**** :thumbup:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

papa bear1 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Sounds like a great tip I will keep it in mind.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.