Owning four Excalibur’s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Owning four Excalibur’s

Post by georgiaboy »

I swear I should have my head examined for owning four Excalibur’s. These four bows and my OCD are going to be the death of me. I’m getting them ready for bow season and this is my routine...weigh all arrows and cull down to the six that match closets in arrow and broad head weight x four bows.
Check and tighten all screws. Remove each scope mounting screw one at a time then clean and reinstall with blue locktite x four bows.
Check zero at 20/40 yds using the same arrow each bow requires x four bows. Then shoot six hunting arrows at 40 yds six times each and number them 1 through six for the ones that consistently group the best x four bows.
On the way home from the range this morning I had made up my mind that one of them had to go...but how do you choose? It’s like choosing which one of your fur babies has to go. :(
Upon arriving home I explained my serious dilemma to my wife and she just coldly looked at me and asked which of my bows is the oldest or the slowest? I said that would be my Vixen. There’s your answer she exclaimed :shock: :shock: :shock:
Without thinking I replied well we have been married 36 years and now you’re old and slow so......... :problem:
The good news is the doctor said the swelling in my eye should go down in a few days and I can get back to the range with my four Excalibur’s :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Re: Owning four Excalibur’s

Post by vixenmaster »

Some times its nice to have that many to play wid. I have been parin down fer about 6 yrs now, still have 5. I really am tryin to move some to new Homes
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
janesy

Post by janesy »

I keep it at 3. That's my comfort level
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like three also. I would like to think that is enough, but you never know! :eusa-whistle:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....down to 1...with my brother in law using BadaBing 8) this year....if push comes to shove I have the Scorpyd in the bull pen....I doubt I will be spending any more on cross bows unless absolutely necessary...now arra’s are a different story....I have enough shafts, sk-200’s, and all the rest of the components to make six or seven dozen....

Unless Excalibur figures how to make a faster Assassin without increasing the shortest length of the A360 I’m sitting on the sidelines for now....

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....down to 1...with my brother in law using BadaBing 8) this year....if push comes to shove I have the Scorpyd in the bull pen....I doubt I will be spending any more on cross bows unless absolutely necessary...now arra’s are a different story....I have enough shafts, sk-200’s, and all the rest of the components to make six or seven dozen....

Unless Excalibur figures how to make a faster Assassin without increasing the shortest length of the A360 I’m sitting on the sidelines for now....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Like a few addicts on here I have to admit I have a few . But can not bring myself to part with them quite yet . Mind you I am starting to think about it a little .
Like Don it would be nice to own every model made maybe . I do not own a first gen Relayer . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love the old exo series bows the best but l enjoy rotating bows during hunting season. I dont go to bars gamble or get into trouble so spending money on crossbows doesn't really matter to me.l love messing with old and new hunting and fishing gear.l gotta keep buisy and out of trouble.Now l got all kind of limbs n risers in a box in the garage it's nice to have lots a parts to mess with. This year I'm gonna hunt with a ten year old Phoenix .l have much newer faster bows but that's what like
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’m down to just two Excaliburs. I have a brand new Bulldog 380 and my new Vixen II! The best of both worlds! I’m used to the wide Exo Excalibur bows so this new Bulldog seems tiny! 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
RobD

Post by RobD »

I passed owning 3 awhile ago, definitely have more than I "need". They are all good models, and paid for, so hard to let any of them go. Besides, I have to keep a certain M380 around in case Anthony ever needs to borrow it back. :angel:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Keep the Vixen!! 8) 8)
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

Well, I have four excals and need has nothing to do with it. I have two Equinox, a Vortex, and a Phoenix. I also have a Sixpoint (aka Tenpoint) GT-Flex recurve.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Four crossbows is the way to go . I always let a new comer use my smaller one " cut down striker stock on a 335 micro frame" the other 3 get used all the time . Like to shoot a deer with each one . the kids like that little striker , and some time I let the folks that have a flat tire on their wheelies use one of my bows . living on a island it is a 90 mile drive to a pro shop to get their bows fixed. yeah having 4 bows is the way to go :clap:
W.M.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I'm down to four Excaliburs... and I can't come to sell any of them.. They are reliable and none have had any limb issues at all..

1. Matrix 380 Blackout
1. Matrix 380 that I rattle canned the rail all black
1. Matrix 355 in camo that is a dream to cock
1. Matrix 360 Bulldog with Bullpup stock

The 2 380's share the same arrows and my 355 and 360 share the same arrows as well. All shoot the same broadhead.
I have two sets of backup limbs, 1 set for the 380's and one set for the 355 and 360...

I certainly have issues when it comes to my crossbows.. I know it, admit it, and can live with it... :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I have five. Two Bulldog 440's, two Bulldog 400's and one Matrix 355

I guess it's good I have no kids I need to put through college :wtf:
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II