Owning four Excalibur’s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papa bear1

Re: Owning four Excalibur’s

Post by papa bear1 »

georgiaboy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:51 pm
I swear I should have my head examined for owning four Excalibur’s. These four bows and my OCD are going to be the death of me. I’m getting them ready for bow season and this is my routine...weigh all arrows and cull down to the six that match closets in arrow and broad head weight x four bows.
Check and tighten all screws. Remove each scope mounting screw one at a time then clean and reinstall with blue locktite x four bows.
Check zero at 20/40 yds using the same arrow each bow requires x four bows. Then shoot six hunting arrows at 40 yds six times each and number them 1 through six for the ones that consistently group the best x four bows.
On the way home from the range this morning I had made up my mind that one of them had to go...but how do you choose? It’s like choosing which one of your fur babies has to go. :(
Upon arriving home I explained my serious dilemma to my wife and she just coldly looked at me and asked which of my bows is the oldest or the slowest? I said that would be my Vixen. There’s your answer she exclaimed :shock: :shock: :shock:
Without thinking I replied well we have been married 36 years and now you’re old and slow so......... :problem:
The good news is the doctor said the swelling in my eye should go down in a few days and I can get back to the range with my four Excalibur’s :lol: :lol:
LMAO :lol: :lol:

Dave :eusa-clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

After trying pretty much all the Excalibur models I am down to one. The Micro 335 nightmare fits me like a glove.. :thumbup:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm
Like a few addicts on here I have to admit I have a few . But can not bring myself to part with them quite yet . Mind you I am starting to think about it a little .
Like Don it would be nice to own every model made maybe . I do not own a first gen Relayer . :)
I don't own every model :eusa-naughty: I wish I did though! :lol: :lol: :lol: I started to type a generalized description of what else I have but decided to not embarrass my self :shh:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I started out with a Equinox used it for around 10 years then sold it to fund a Matrix 350le , same speed smaller bow, then I found a great deal on a mint carved tip Exocet that I really like and makes for a back up bow.
Now about the only thing I have my eye on is that 360 take down I will probably just stick with what I have now and in a few years get a used 360 td at a great price.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 am
Doe Master wrote:
Like a few addicts on here I have to admit I have a few . But can not bring myself to part with them quite yet . Mind you I am starting to think about it a little .
Like Don it would be nice to own every model made maybe . I do not own a first gen Relayer . :)
I don't own every model :eusa-naughty: I wish I did though! :lol: :lol: :lol: I started to type a generalized description of what else I have but decided to not embarrass my self :shh:

You could always list what models you don’t have Don, that would probably save some time. :lol: but that’s just me being jealous. :mrgreen:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Don, I am with you.

If I made a list of all my hunting and fishing equipment and gear I would be hear all day typing :wtf:
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
RobD

Post by RobD »

CT.HNTR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:45 am
Don, I am with you.

If I made a list of all my hunting and fishing equipment and gear I would be hear all day typing :wtf:
Plus, you would never want to put it all in writing. Makes the divorce lawyer's job too easy.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Boo

Post by Boo »

RobD wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 am
CT.HNTR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:45 am
Don, I am with you.

Plus, you would never want to put it all in writing. Makes the divorce lawyer's job too easy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Doe Master wrote:
.... Boo is definitely lying.... he does own every model since the beginning of Excalibur... those of us who have attended Boofest have seen them hanging in the Boofest hanger right next to the Boofest Learjet with the call sign “Bravo Oscar Oscar 1”.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 pm
Boo wrote:
Doe Master wrote:
.... Boo is definitely lying.... he does own every model since the beginning of Excalibur... those of us who have attended Boofest have seen them hanging in the Boofest hanger right next to the Boofest Learjet with the call sign “Bravo Oscar Oscar 1”.... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nooooo! :eusa-naughty:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Yes most have a closet with their bow or bows . Don needs a cavernous room . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:53 pm
Yes most have a closet with their bow or bows . Don needs a cavernous room . :lol:
That might be true! :think:
RobD

Post by RobD »

Doe Master wrote:
I heard there was a secret subterranean storage room where he keeps all the good stuff.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Doe Master wrote:
I heard there was a secret subterranean storage room where he keeps all the good stuff.
....that is where he spends many a winter night practicing his shooting skills...temperature controlled and leading directly to the US border....rumor has it that it was designed and built by none other than El Chappo himself!

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I owned three at one point but am back down to one, which is where I will probably stay.
My Matrix 310 is big enough for the hunting that I do, and is easy enough to cock by hand for a couple hours target shooting. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: