Just Lovin my Assassin 360

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Just Lovin my Assassin 360

Post by amythntr »

.....I can honestly say that the Assassin series is the best Xbow series that Excalibur has come out with.....the original 360 is in my stable and will be with me when I am out in The People's Republic of New Jersey woods.....It just fits me perfect and is one "inguneerin" marvel....

Anthony :clap:

1922 days till retirement

....on a side note....my BIL who swore by the "Ten Point" crossbow is now using "BadaBig 8).....I am not hearing any complaints as he is pretty much nailing it out to 50yds....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Re: Just Lovin my Assassin 360

Post by IronNoggin »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:27 pm
....on a side note....my BIL who swore by the "Ten Point" crossbow is now using "BadaBig 8).....I am not hearing any complaints as he is pretty much nailing it out to 50yds....
LOL! My Partner also runs a Ten Point. But after the last couple of hunts together, he is seeking an Excalibur. :lol:
Go Figure eh?

Cheers!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

But who’s counting, right? ;)

I’ve been [mostly] retired about that many days. Funny, I never thought this would happen to me, but after five years of early retirement, I’m actually getting bored! At least in the summertime. I’ll never get bored during deer season though!
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

How much more “felt” weight is it from a micro 355?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....don’t know ‘bout the 355.... but the Assassin 360, although back heavy, once shouldered is very well balanced and not noticeable whatsoever...

Anthony👍
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:42 am
....don’t know ‘bout the 355.... but the Assassin 360, although back heavy, once shouldered is very well balanced and not noticeable whatsoever...

Anthony👍
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Good luck heading into retirement I'm heading that way next Fall myself.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

Does the crank system stay attached to the string when you shoot? Or does It have the hooks for the string like the charger xt?
Watched some videos but it’s hard to tell
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Mixter wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm
Does the crank system stay attached to the string when you shoot? Or does It have the hooks for the string like the charger xt?
Watched some videos but it’s hard to tell
....not sure what you mean " does the crank system stay attached to the string when you shoot." There are very good videos on this sight or look up YouTube Assassin and you should find detailed videos.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

All good I finally found a video that showed how the actual mechanism works.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Mixter wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:30 pm
All good I finally found a video that showed how the actual mechanism works.
.... glad to hear you found it... much easier than me trying to splain it! :thumbup:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mixter

Post by Mixter »

So now I’m debating between the 360td and assassin 360...went to bass pro to handle both. I prefer the weight of the 360td, but I like the stock and crank on the assassin. Just found that it fatigued my shoulders quicker than the micro. I have bad shoulders so weight is important for me. Decisions decisions...although I’d have to sell my new micro 355 so not sure if it’s worth it in the end. I do love the take down for transport.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nchunter wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 pm
But who’s counting, right? ;)

I’ve been [mostly] retired about that many days. Funny, I never thought this would happen to me, but after five years of early retirement, I’m actually getting bored! At least in the summertime. I’ll never get bored during deer season though!
....how can one be bored....there is volunteering, trying to get youngin's into the sport, practicing, pistol shooting, pistol cleaning, hand loading, travel, taking a ride to Boo's house for dinner twice a week (that is from The People's Republic of NJ) and then repeat! :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :lol:

1912 days till retirement!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....After extending the stock all the way out, I believe to 33 inches in length it is clear to me that the A360 is the longest length (at 30 inches all the way in) that fits well with me....great to now feel no pressure in wanting a faster, albeit longer, Excalibur....unless I grow height wise at 61.5 years old....and I don't believe that is in the cards.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

I retired in 2010 and the only negative i have with it is that i should have done it 40 years earlier!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE