Season can't come soon enough

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Season can't come soon enough

Post by DuckHunt »

It appears that the wife and I have been a little too generous in sharing the venison from this past season. A few weeks back we finished off the last of the steaks. Today, I thawed out the last stick of summer sausage. Noooooooooo! :lol: How can this be?!?!?

I like to have my freezer empty before the end of August so I can defrost it annually before the season. It ensures that I don't have meat that lingers around for years and potentially goes to waste. It also gives me added incentive to hit the woods and fill it back up.

It's not all bad. I do still have about 10 pounds of ground venison that I will have to make due with over the next 8 weeks. Then there's at least another mess of squirrels along with the catfish that needs to disappear before I restock those in September as well.

This might be the earliest we've emptied out the good stuff. I guess that means I'll just have to make more summer sausage next season. Time to order casings and seasoning.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Riflemanz

Re: Season can't come soon enough

Post by Riflemanz »

I was out in May after giving 2 friends who didn't get a deer about 70% of the deer I got.
I'm on a special diet now so no more sausage for me. My season starts 9-14- 1-31.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
vixenmaster

Re: Season can't come soon enough

Post by vixenmaster »

I knowed the feelin, we ate the last pack of back straps back about 10 days ago. I cut up n cooked a whole hind qtr. this week. Looks like we have 2 hind qtr's left n 30 lbs of Summer sausage left in freezer. It will go before the Season opens
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315