Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Re: First 4 Broadhead Shots Micro 355

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 am
DM arrow puller. I don't even know where my extinguisher is any more
Talking to Normus regarding the DM puller.
Wayne
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 am
janesy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 am
DN arrow puller. I don't even know where my extinguisher is any more
Can I get an AMEN! Those are like American Express.... “ Don’t leave home without it”
Lol I’ll give you an Amen when I get one.
Wayne
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm
nchunterkw wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Try bolt 4 with different vanes in the rail to see if it will group. To me that's a big difference at 20yds
Yes sir, I marked all the bolts and all the Broadheads just for that reason. I'll also try and swap broadheads with one of the others. I might have to go to the the range I belong to. One of the ranges there is a combined 25 and 50yds with berms on 3 sides. The berms remove wind interference. That will remove any excuses as well.
Thanks
Wayne
Just for fun, you can try it out at 20, 30 and 40 yds and see where it hits at each distance before you adjust anything.. If it's just the way it's coming off the rail (spine alignment) then it will be in a similar spot assuming your aiming points are accurate for each distance. But if the BH is planing, then the POI will move around the dial of the clock at different distances. I didn't see that it was the same arrow fired twice.....that tells me wind was not a factor unless it blew the exact same way for each shot :o
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:29 pm
Well I set up the Boltcutter B.A.T broadheads. Nothing too serious, just lined them up by eye. The wind got bad but at 20 yards I'm happy and I'll be waiting for a better wind to practice and check accuracy out a little further. I live 2 miles from the Bay water and I'm 300 feet above sea level can be a little windy. Of course I'll need much more shooting to make sure I'm grouping consistently.
Wayne
PS: Bolt 1 may be shooting low right, more shooting required!

are you sighting in for big game hunting at reasonable distances or shooting flies at 50+ yards :?: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:. hunting big game you are good to go. :thumbup:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife