Axe 340 Kryptec & MOBUC Camo Pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Axe 340 Kryptec & MOBUC Camo Pics

Post by janesy »

I'd go with the MOBU, however, the dealer Kryptic model comes with a rubber dipped stirrup and arrow spring.

I could care less about the other stuff.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The MOBUC is a nice looking camo pattern, but since all my other Excalibur crossbows have DrStirrup sound deadening paraphernalia, I think I'd like to at least try Excalibur's SDS. accessories. Then I'll decide if the EX Shox are worth their weight.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

Not that anyone gives chitt but I've never been a fan of kryptek camo
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Forkston wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 pm
Not that anyone gives chitt but I've never been a fan of kryptek camo
I agree, depending on the colours used, the Kryptec camo might not be the best. However, I tend to like the colour scheme Excalibur uses.

Here's a picture of my actual Micro AXE 340 kit
Haven't installed the scope or EX Shox yet.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Very nice. The camo I like, just another shade or tone to break up your pattern. Your movements will get you...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

sharp
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Too bad they don't make them in black! Lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 am

:wink:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 am

Black is so bland. I need a little bit more pizazz than that. I like and think the "50 shades of grey." are so sexy. Jeff, give it a try and you'll agree. :)
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I’m still trying to comprehend what is making the Axe so compelling. it can’t be the speed, it can’t be that it is compact (the
A360 is more compact), the only thing I can see is the price point and what you get for that price point...

.... for those of us who are in love with we have... for me it’s the Alpha360Assassin... I just don’t see what the compelling reason is to purchase one :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty:

..... I guess I just won’t become part of what the deer call “The Axes of Evil!” :eusa-naughty:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony, I can tell you the two reasons I found it so compelling to own an Axe. First,it's the fact that although I own 5 other Excaliburs, none were a Micro. Second, was the price, compared to a Micro 335 Raid with a MSRP of $1049.99 Cdn. With the exception of a different scope and riser, a black quiver, no cheek piece and one less arrow, my Axe 340 Kryptec is virtually the same, but is priced at $749.99 and some dealers sell for less. BassPro sells the AXE 340 MOBUC for $649.99 Cdn.

For anyone needing their first crossbow or wanting a backup, getting an AXE 340 is a no brainer.
Anthony you own a Assassin 360. For the price you paid you could have bought 2 AXEs and have money left over. How does that make you feel, If you had to do it all over again what would you do. Food for thought for those that are in the market for a crossbow.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If, and again I say IF I get one it would be the Kryptek version for the extras. The dipped stirrup & arrow holder, the air brakes, and limb dampners, and of course the killer pattern. The other reasons are present on both models. The Premium Trigger, the speed / draw length, the stirrup being below the arrow channel much further than any model to date, the unique mount up coupling, and single bolt, and the best name in some time in my opinion.

:eusa-popcorn: :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 pm
.... I’m still trying to comprehend what is making the Axe so compelling. it can’t be the speed, it can’t be that it is compact (the
A360 is more compact), the only thing I can see is the price point and what you get for that price point...

.... for those of us who are in love with we have... for me it’s the Alpha360Assassin... I just don’t see what the compelling reason is to purchase one :eusa-think: :eusa-snooty:

..... I guess I just won’t become part of what the deer call “The Axes of Evil!” :eusa-naughty:

I think it's just something different. Something new. For the past few years we have been offered variations of the same thing. The Axe offers a turn in another direction. Same as last year, when the A360 came out and those who loved it fell head over heals. Adjustable, built in crank, marvel of engineering. The Axe is the same idea only the polar opposite. Some people want even simpler than offered before, but now with new tech. Forward swept riser on Micro Limbs to mention one great step forward. Two years ago the internet would have exploded if someone suggested Micro limbs could hold that much pressure. The next marvel doesn't have to be complex
The vast majority of Excal owner have always settled for the tried and true. The M355, M380 Micro 335, current models only for the sake of conversation but this hold true for all of crossbow history. That flagship always sells the working model. This is the evolution for people who don't want anything more than the tried and true tool for the woods. Which is how they have marketed it and it's working.

I think the last 5 years, each model flagship release has been aimed at the upper end of the recurve market. All the marketing budget got spent on the $1200-$1700 models. As rightfully so.
But when a NEW model comes out that performs well, is tiny, offers all the gear that is typically an option. Well, how could it not be a hit? If you've been waiting for a new model release that wasn't $1500 it's been a long wait, but it's here.

Your Assassin Anthony, is awesome because of how much it represents ! But this bow is awesome because of how little it represents so to speak.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Comfybear, This is a great looking crossbow and for the money it looks like the best deal Excalibur has offered in a while. I know you will enjoy it
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....so what I am hearing is that the main reason for purchasing the Axe is the price point which I agree...and for those just starting...totally agree...if you never owned a micro this is your baby....not in the slightest way upset of the cost of the of the Axe versus my Alpha360Assassin...don’t view it as I could have owned 2Axes for the cost of the A360....the A360 is still the most compact...plus I don’t want to cock a CB anymore...if I wanted the same feature w the Axe I would have to buy the crank....other than that the Axe is great but just not for me....

Anthony :eusa-naughty:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings