Bulldog 440

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Bulldog 440

Post by Normous »

In addition , I might add that Firenock uses the highest quality nock resin found in the Archery Industry today

Not the cheapest nock on the market but a very small aditional cost for the best.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Buttonsonly

Post by Buttonsonly »

I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I would think a semi dryfire in a 440 would be pretty quick to take care of an arrow.
This was the first two shots from a BD380 arrows loaded to the ADF only.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Buttonsonly wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm
I been shooting lumiknocks on my quills for 4 years never had a issue. Got a response from Excalibur saying I loaded the bolt in incorrectly out of the 440. Thank God it wasn't the arrow so by all means use the lumiknocks hahaha :eusa-violin:
If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Right Lou! My 405 had over 1800 shots from field testing and performance was seamless. I let a couple of guys at Boofest take it to a target to try out. They brought it back and didn't say a word :twisted: Later I looked it over and it had a "splinter" longer and wider than I've ever seen starting near the top of the limb where it belly's out. There were several nocks mushroomed and a few shafts split at the rear end and a couple cracked at the rear end. There is only one possible cause.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am
Right Lou! My 405 had over 1800 shots from field testing and performance was seamless. I let a couple of guys at Boofest take it to a target to try out. They brought it back and didn't say a word :twisted: Later I looked it over and it had a "splinter" longer and wider than I've ever seen starting near the top of the limb where it belly's out. There were several nocks mushroomed and a few shafts split at the rear end and a couple cracked at the rear end. There is only one possible cause.
Nice guy’s :eusa-naughty:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I really can only assume of a few things lately wid the higher poundage limbs. Recurves jus go from jump street when trigger is pulled ! There is no Cam to unwind or wind up on, the is only brutal force slamming against a nock. I have over a dz. XX75 2219's that were Eastons wid the plastic nock that has a hole in it. Talk about nocks gettin cratered, why they had those in the Excal Alum. arrows i have no idea. I have had to strip vanes n heat the nocks up to melt them out to get them out. So anyone out there usin any nock that can't hole up to the shots on Recurves replace them or arrows n limbs / strings n servings get abused
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Buttonsonly

Post by Buttonsonly »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Buttonsonly wrote:
If you load your arrow only to the ADF a semi-dry-fired will more than likely occur. If it does, you would be wise to check not only your limbs, but also your "limb plates" as they are probably slightly bent. Although a semi dry-fire shouldn't be as harmful as a full dry-fire, I was told that it can and will cause problems. Especially if you do it more than just once. Boo might want to elaborate on that, in regards to one of his bows he let someone shoot. :wink:
If I only load it to the ADF the bow won't fire.so that's can't be it unless the ADf is the cause for dry fires
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Buttonsonly wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am
ComfyBear wrote:
Buttonsonly wrote:
If I only load it to the ADF the bow won't fire.so that's can't be it unless the ADf is the cause for dry fires
If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said "load your ARROW", not COCK your crossbow to the ADF.
In other words, if you cock your bow to the trigger, but only push your arrow only as far your ADF, then there'll be a gap between your string and the nock of the arrow. Then when you pull the trigger, the string will hit the ADF instead of pushing the arrow. That will cause the string to hit the ADF, and stop the string. If you push the arrow just past the ADF, and there is still a gap, it will hit the nock, slide under it, and hit the vane which will propel your arrow a mere few feet if at all.
In that case damage can be done to your arrow, ADF, limbs and limb plates.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Buttonsonly

Post by Buttonsonly »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 am
Buttonsonly wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am
ComfyBear wrote:

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said "load your ARROW", not COCK your crossbow to the ADF.
In other words, if you cock your bow to the trigger, but only push your arrow only as far your ADF, then there'll be a gap between your string and the nock of the arrow. Then when you pull the trigger, the string will hit the ADF instead of pushing the arrow. That will cause the string to hit the ADF, and stop the string. If you push the arrow just past the ADF, and there is still a gap, it will hit the nock, slide under it, and hit the vane which will propel your arrow a mere few feet if at all.
In that case damage can be done to your arrow, ADF, limbs and limb plates.
[/quote
Pppssshhh
janesy

Post by janesy »

As my 5 year old says....
WHAT THAAAAAA????
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I’ve got quite a few shots through my 440 so far and have only put about 12-15 shots with lumenocks through it and so far no problems.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am
....have they gone the way of being banned from Boofest as the likes of "Joe" and "Swampdonkey" ? :twisted: :eusa-naughty:....or do you plan to :eusa-deadhorse: them if they show up :shock: .....Just saying......

Anthony :eusa-popcorn:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings