“Thoughts on Sunday Hunting”

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Froghunter

“Thoughts on Sunday Hunting”

Post by Froghunter »

My state has approved legislation for Whitetail deer hunting on Sunday (private property and some State Wildlife Management Areas) Some of the talking points where/are: hopefully more deer harvested (management tool), More Hunting time for the Individuals who work Monday through Friday (hunters numbers are declining) and only have these two days to hunt, other states in the Mid Atlantic have approved legislation for Sunday Deer Hunting.

My thoughts are that I know it is now legal, but there at many deer hunting seasons under my belt that it was not even thought of to hunt on Sunday. Traditions are hard to brake, but I think I will try!👍🏻

Good Hunting and Your Thoughts on Sunday Hunting?
Last edited by Froghunter on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deerhide Brown Vixen, Vari Zone Scope, Flemish String,
GT Swift Pro 18”, 110 Grain Insert

Silent Night (308 Short), Dead Zone Scope, Flemish String, B.E. Zombie Slayers 15”, 110 Grain Insert

😎
Patcon

Re: “Thoughts on Sunday Hunting”

Post by Patcon »

We have had Sunday hunting for a number of years in SC. We hunt on Sunday sometimes but many times I don't take an animal because I don't feel like working or hauling it to the processor. Sometimes I just enjoy being in the stand and seeing what's walking around.
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Boo

Post by Boo »

There was no Sunday hunting with using archery equipment? We have no Sunday gun hunting in our municipality but it we get a late goose season because of it.
Opening up on Sundays will make a difference. So many people work their butts off during the week and Saturdays and this will give some of them an opportunity to hunt. This is a very humane thing to happen!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Tom

Post by Tom »

To me Sunday is a day for rest.

But, as was stated above, many people have to work 5 to 6 days so I agree that Sunday would be OK to enable people to get there meat. In areas where they are hunting close to residential, there should be restrictions on the use of guns so people not hunting can rest without being disturbed from gunfire.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Buck

Post by Buck »

NJ added Sunday (bow only) hunting a few years ago. It’s definitely a bonus when working M-F , especially late October through Mid November. I see it as an opportunity for an extra 4 days during prime time.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Don’t see a problem with It, people have to eat on Sundays too.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

My thoughts on hunting on a Sunday no problem .
When I am sitting out in the bush on a Sunday or a Saturday . It does not matter I still say the Lords prayer followed by hoping for a quick and humane harvest .
More my question is how many people who oppose hunting on a Sunday even go to church ?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Tom wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:45 pm
To me Sunday is a day for rest.

there should be restrictions on the use of guns so people not hunting can rest without being disturbed from gunfire.
Unfortunately or maybe fortunately sunday is no longer a day of rest and many people have to work on sunday now so maybe there should be no gunfire on Wednesday as that could be their day of rest lol

Here a couple of sundays ago a tree company was using a chainsaw next door to trim some trees I'll take a little gunfire over that any day !
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Ohio has Sunday hunting when I was working a lot of hours Sunday’s were sometimes the only day I could get out. Not only that with the kids in school and sports, Sunday’s were perfect for getting the kids in the Woods to hunt.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I grew up in the 'Bible Belt' state of Arkansas where the outdoors are meant to be shared by all. Until the military relocated me to the East Coast, I never knew there were places where you couldn't hunt on Sundays. I was astonished to learn that we couldn't hunt on Sundays in Maryland at that time. To many, hunting is one of the family events that only gets to occur on our days of rest which includes Sundays. Much like the ill-conceived laws against crossbows, these too will slowly fade away. Where the Lord fits in your life is a personal decision, not one for politicians to regulate.

Now, off to church! :D It less than two weeks until deer season!

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Been hunting on sunday's ever since I can remember, One of the greatest cathredals are in a treestand at 5 in the morning watching Gods creations come to life. :D

Dave :eusa-pray:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

papa bear1 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:59 am
Been hunting on sunday's ever since I can remember, One of the greatest cathredals are in a treestand at 5 in the morning watching Gods creations come to life. :D

Dave :eusa-pray:
Our own personal place of worship, Amen!
In Indiana it has been open hunting on Sunday for as long as I can remember, I think it should be a personal decision.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I love having church in the woods! Best place to pray sitting with nature!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

The only things we can hunt on Sundays in PA are foxes, coyotes, and crows. We can only hunt crows on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

This year, firearms deer season is going to start on Saturday instead of Monday. It has been on Monday all of my hunting life, since 1962, and even before.

It looks like there will be three Sundays to hunt next year.

For me, I would have just left it the way it has been.
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Personally, I Would Rather Be In A Tree Stand Thinking About God And His Beautiful Creations, Than Sitting At Church Thinking About Being In My Tree Stand. :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings